The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2003, 01:18 PM   #1
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang
Angry Death Row Decision

Have you heard about this Governor in Illinois that has commuted like 156 immates from death row? This guy needs some serious help!

He just let all those immates get away with their crimes! Man wonder what those families of victims are feeling right now. Why should someone that has killed over and over again and was sentenced to death be able to live? I say if you plan or go out and kill a person than you should live with you have done and die like you killed your victims.

Here is the article on the topic:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/01/11/il...row/index.html

I like how he says he will feel better at night cuz of his decision, Im sure you will bud .

This decision also comes 2 days before he retires.

Scary who we elect into offices sometimes.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:14 PM   #2
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

I'm gonna laugh if the guy gets killed by a murderer he set free. Or better yet, molested or raped.

Seriously though. I can see his point on a few of the cases: that the death penalty is permanent and mistakes are made. I think he just initially wanted to make sure that those that are going to die, are the correct people. Justice isn't justice if you get the wrong guy. It doesn't matter how glad the family feels if the wrong guy is killed either.

I agree wholeheartedly that murderers, rapists, molesters, and other sick scum should be removed. But I want to have the right people go away. I always think, "What if some idiot accused me of a crime, and I got put on death row, even though I'm innocent?"

States have executed the wrong people before.

But on the other hand, I think it's rediculous to clear the entire death row in a state. Come on! Most of those people probably did their crimes!
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 04:42 PM   #3
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

They sit on death row for 20 yrs before they are actually killed anyways so there is their time to prove their case, like they have anything better to do anyways.

I understand some innocent people get executed but its a rarity. Im deeply sorry that those people had to die for bad presentation and for something they never did.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
XRogue
Forum wh0re

This guy is about 6 cans short of a sixpack, if you ask me. :mad
I had someone in my family murdered by a felon who got out early for good behavior. He got life(this was back in the 70's when there was no death penalty temporarily) and six years later was out on parole again for good behavior. TANJ. That governor ought to talk to my family, we'd have some words for him, none pleasant.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #5
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

You guys have to realize something about Illinois, and particular Southern Illnois. Illinois is generally taken to mean 'Chicago', at least when it comes to politics. Damn near every single politician in our state is crooked. Southern Illinois doesn't determine squat.

This is likely a feelgood maneuver on Ryan's part so he can say he was 'for personal rights' or something. Never mind the fact that:

Quote:
All but three of the commutations will reduce the inmates' sentences to life without parole...
...straight from the article. Chances are, it might even save the state a little money, this manuever, at least if what I've heard about the relative costs of life-w/o-parole versus death row are.

And, of course, S. Illinois has nothing to do with any of this, just in case you're wondering. About the only political excitement that happens here is the periodic gerrymandering that makes everyone nervous.

This does not mean, however, that I think Ryan is a nice guy. He's not. I think he's a crooked, money-taking jerk that couldn't govern his way out of a wet paper bag, a guy so low he has to reach up to dig for worms. And BlagoejhowdoIspellthisvich ain't much better.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:32 PM   #6
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambush_Bug
This does not mean, however, that I think Ryan is a nice guy. He's not. I think he's a crooked, money-taking jerk that couldn't govern his way out of a wet paper bag, a guy so low he has to reach up to dig for worms.
What did I ever do to you?
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #7
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66

This is the joy of the US judical system. Its a total wad of ****. Its funny they worry about a murrders right to live but they compleetly forget about the victum(s). Tell me how thats fair. If I had a family member taken form me and I found out the perp was getting out I would be there to meet them. The brutality of what I would do would be remembered for generations.

This guy that did this needs to be beaten with a stick, Its obvious that he cares not for the feelings of the families.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #8
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

@ Gryphon

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote