Thread: classic cars
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #19
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

thanks 8bit, i didnt know AMC was independent of Chrysler to such a late period, I thought they merged much earlier (in the 60s, i thought). the SpeedVision channel up here had a great documentary on the AMX, gorgeous little machine.

I have fond memories of my AMC Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 inline 6
That 6, like the slant-6 in my cuda, you just can't kill those things. I'm not sure if it was standard, but i had an electronic override for my tranny that let me switch between high-power torque and fuel economy (lol! whats fuel economy to a Jeep? 65l tank [16.someodd gallons] got me through maybe 10 days. but, the thing had 197,000km on it and purred at an idle). that was a great machine, sad to say I sold it for a 91 cavalier

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote