The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

I am so used to the familliar controller of the Playstation from all the back to '96, it's hard to try and enjoy a new controller like the Xbox one. I borrowed LSD's Xbox after the MegaLAN, and I played HALO, and THPS 2, but it didn't really grow on me enough to like it. I like the dual analog controls right next to each other, and the 4 shoulder buttons within easy reach of my index fingers, and it just fits for me. More of a personal preference really, than a gripe. I got to use a 3rd party Xbox controller, with a smaller profile too, and even that wasn't quite right.

As far as the games go, Sony does not produce very many of their own games, they license the PS2 rights to 3rd party devs like Rockstar, and Polyphony Digital, and Squaresoft. (GTA, Gran Tourismo, and Final Fantasy, respctively). And there are too many chincy devs who are a bunch of high school kids with no art talent amongst them to create a really good game. It's unfortunate, really, but also a blessing when games like Vice City and my new anticipated favorite; Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner from Konami come along. And honestly, the only 2 games I've really enjoyed on the Xbox is Halo and Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions. HALO 2 looks promising, hoping Bungie doesn't get the sequel syndrome, and get lazy.

Another game that is coming later this year is Gran Tourismo 4, which all the GT games have been spectacular in their graphics, and their realism, but this will be the first in the series with online racing, like in Auto Modellista from Capcom.

Enough again... I do have to apologize kind of.. I've been playing alot more PS2 lately, with the Auto Modellista Beta Test (Which I am on), and GTA VC, and recently been invited to join the Sony Gamer Advisory Panel.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Spinning Hat; 01-28-2003 at 01:46 PM.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #17
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Exactly its just what feels better for you.

Gran Turismo games are fun. We like playing them with family and get lots of laughs from the good crashes . I have noticed that the graphics for that game could be better hope they improve on it. You look at Gotham Racing and the change is just amazing, big difference.

Halo 2 wont get lazy, especially if Microsoft is the ones handling it . The screenshots for it are lookin great and the more weapons and vehicles are lookin great. So I dont think they will get the sequel syndrome. Wreckless is a good one cuz you get to bash things!!! WOOHOO!

Dont apologize for playing more PS2 when a good game comes around its only natural and addicting . And a good break from other games.