The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #16
sh@rp
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to sh@rp Send a message via MSN to sh@rp Send a message via Yahoo to sh@rp

Ipods break to easily... most people ive talked to either theirs just stopped workin for no reason all together... or like the lil scroll thing is messed up and wont work right.. and this is the majority of the people, say like 7 or 8 outa 10... it works for like the first month or so but gets real like fragile, one drop not even that high off the ground can mess somthin up...

Proud Member of the XMEN

sh@rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #17
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

One of the guys at work that has one (an ipod nano) gave it to his wife and got one for himself. Only problem was the wifey's one stopped working because of a scratch on the display.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #18
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Dang not looking good.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 AM   #19
Stikes

Send a message via AIM to Stikes

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855125004
Old 10-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #20
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

I have an iPod mini, have had it for about a year, and It's been an awesome thing. It works great with iTunes for the PC, long battery life, and to do a hard reset is pretty easy, and you don't ever have to take the batteries out to do anything with it. I've dropped mine, and it's taken general abuse pretty well, and it sounds decent. But I would recommend getting different earphones for it than the apple ones, those suck and are uncomfortable.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #21
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

Stang: nope, just like you thought, you can use any program you like to grab your mp3s (i use soulseek, for example). i find, though, that iTunes is an excellent cd ripping/writing program, it's mostly easy to use, and it's never given me a bad burn once.

besides, iTunes makes you pay for your mp3s

btw, if you use soulseek, i usually have mine turned on: my username is 'sinryven', i gots the good stuff

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #22
Stang
Team Captain

Thanks for the info Raiyven that was one issue I had with the ipod but glad you don't have to use iTunes sololy.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #23
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

now Ipod has video and you can download tv shows. cool.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #24
Stikes

Send a message via AIM to Stikes

not only that but OMG movviezzzzz
Old 10-14-2005, 02:26 AM   #25
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable

Okay it's been a week with my new ipod and I loves it. I loves it good.

iTunes seemed harsh at first but now I dig that too. It's not meant to be a player like Winamp or Musicmatch but it performs those functions admirably, if a little less easily. And it doesn't make you pay for anything. I transferred all my mp3's from various sources which may or may not have been fully licensed by the RIAA and it didn't say boo. What's more, I really do enjoy the iTunes store and it has already sparked my desire to pay artists for their music again; not that I ever stole from them, RIAA. You can buy single tracks for only a buck, which is good if you don't like buying whole albums for one song. Also, I've noticed most albums run 10 bucks regardless of how many tracks or how "hot" the artist it, which is a damn sight cheaper than going to the store. It queues everything for download and you get it as you are able (with DSL I got a whole album in about 2 minutes), and it keeps track of what you've bought so you can download it infinity billion times if necessary.

You should be aware that Apple does nothing cheap. If you want a car adaptor the corded one runs 60$ and the wireless costs 80$. So far that, and the armband strap (20$) is all I've bought for it.

Also, have a USB 2.0 slot or be prepared to transfer your songs overnight. It took about 6 hours to do my 7 gigs of mu-zak since I haven't put my good USB riser back in the comp since the last re-assembling

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #26
Stang
Team Captain

Variable how is the battery life? I've heard from a few that they are really short and don't last as long as other players.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #27
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable

Mine has never died, for two reasons.

It charges both when in the USB slot and whilst plugged into your car. Between the two I've never even dropped below 50%. Maybe not even 75, but I don't keep an eye on it. I've never had occasion to let it play till it dies, though I could certainly run a test this weekend if you'd like me to.

I am still entirely smitten with the device.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #28
Stang
Team Captain

Well don't go out of your way was just wondering how the battery life in them are. But if you ever do find out let me about the hours on it too .

Im still torn between a Nano and a Dell .
Old 10-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #29
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

get the video ipod!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #30
Stang
Team Captain

I was thinking about that but have a portable DVD player that I take when we head down to Oregon so not much use in it really. That and my player has a bigger screen so Gryphon can watch it also .