The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven
Arrow [Game Reviews] Hasty reviews! Spend your money unwisely

Very quickly, recent fun games as recommended by myself and/or SiFi. This is gonna be a good year for games!

- Gears of War (360). Led to 5am many times. i'd buy a 360 again just for this game. awesome on Live
- Star Trek Legacy (360/PC). Ignore reviews. fun to play, story kind of choppy & rushed.
- Rayman: Raving Rabbids (Wii). 'wtf', but a 'wtf' that says 'this is fun'
- Monkeyball (Wii). a schoolmate and I devoured an afternoon with this. Definite party game, worth the extra remotes/nunchuks.
- Zelda (Wii). dear lord Link isn't 8 anymore. no secondary camera controls makes the environment (and gameplay) feel stiff and directionally aggravating. horse also gets stuck on stupidest things. fishing fun again tho.
- Trauma Center (Wii). he's dead jim. he's alive jim. nope, he's dead jim. this title isnt tho!
- Rocket Slime (DS). Oh god why is it so cute and... tank battles? tank battles!
- NFS: Carbon (360). i bought it for the 08 dodge challenger. i wont lie.

Also, older fun games that i recently learned to enjoy

- NFS: Most Wanted (XTANK) Driving, driving, cops! Smart cops! (one day they'll make an accurate street racing simulator. With 88 honda civics and 97 pontiac sunfires. instead of decals, you choose where the rust is)
- Devil May Cry 1-3 (PS2). Just plain yay. EB has a boxset on for cheap.
- Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (PC). SiFi got me onto it. 3d semi-RTS from the makers of Imperium Galactica. Awesome sleeper title, great story, just fun. But difficult sometimes.
- Rampart (SNES). Build, shoot, destroy, repeat.

Stuff to watch for:

- God of War 2 (hopefully PS2. If not, i will cut off my whowhodilly)
- Legend of Mana (PS2). Remember Secret of Mana and Sword of Mana? Mana won't give up. But thats okay

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Gears of War is an awesome game. Got it for my bday and Gryphon has takene over it! I even got him to play in non wussy mode.

Got NFS:Carbon just waiting for more stuff to be hooked up on the new TV or when something good isnt on . NFS: Most Wanted fun game love how the cops are so smart makes it more interesting but when I get too many I have to call Gryphon in to get them all off me .

Want to eventually get Splinter Cell Double Agent. My brother-in-law says it's a challenge as you work for both sides. And waiting for Fusion Frenzy to come out as it looks like a good fun game for everyone to play.

Oh yes and can't forget about Madden '07 for the Snook guys . Gryphon's Dad got an 360 for xmas so there will be many games to get him hooked on.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Heh me n SiFi play GoW every thursday night ;D

NFS:MW is fun, but dammit it's hard to make money. At least in NFS:U2, i could boot around and just get in short races on the spot for quick cash.

But those cops are a hoot! I didn't appreciate the AI until three of them boxed me in and pushed me to the side of the road. Nobody can stop me and my lil Chevy Cobalt tho

Speaking of which, Stang, if you ever got a different car, you know you'd have to change your name. And also: if you guys have done any mods under the hood, i'm looking to swap out my intake manifold if possible, i dont know if you or Gryph would know of any manufacturers?

CAI and exhaust have been done. Next is intake if i can, then onboard computer

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Last edited by Raiyven; 01-10-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

I'll third GoW. Me and Raiyven are slogging through it on Insane right now. Soooo much ammo is burned Favourite Weapon? Chainsaw bayonet. Because its a chainsaw bayonet.

From all I've heard, Double Agent is a worthy successor to the franchise, and is my next purchase after I finally get my new pc parts ordered/bought/researched.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Spore, though. Sure, it's a sandbox game, but your sandbox is and entire galaxy!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

But Spore isn't out yet! It's my current drool-over game.

Molyneux has great gaming ideas that tend to be implemented poorly. But Will Wright, more often than not, delivers.

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

I am drooling over Spore, waiting for its eventual release. It will consume my life just as the Sim City, Civ, Populus, and other games have consumed my life.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Yeah SiFi got me onto it with the E3 video. I can see it eating my entire summer

New Old Games, thanks to blockbuster's clearance section:

R-Type Final (PS2) side-scrollin' shootin' fun'

The Bouncer (PS2) it's a fighting game that makes you sigh. In a, 'this is so bad, but fun somehow' sort of way.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

They need to put Mike Tyson's Punchout on the 360. The orginal of course no updated version crap.