The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2005, 03:33 AM   #1
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable
Default Bet On Soldier...

...is a really neat game with a bad title. Well worth the 20$ I picked it up for at Gamestop. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but this could be just the thing to subvert my Tribes! nostalgia. The game itself is HARD, even on the easiest setting. Everything you do costs money, and to get money, you have to kill the enemy, complete objectives, and win your bets against other challengers.

Is anyone else playing this? I'd like to get some folks I know into a multiplayer round so we can figure out all there is to see. It seems like a combination of my favorite aspects of Tribes- unit specialization, capture and hold, the barely used purchase points system from Tribes in the form of money, and the challenge system is nifty. When you place your bets against an opposing team member it enters the queue. When your bet comes up, your opponent is called to the challenge arena (usually a central location) and you and he/she both have a minute to get there or else you forfeit. Anyway, once inside you're seperated from the rest of the fighting and you have a minute to kill he other person. I can see this as being a heck of a lot of fun in MP, with your teammates cheering you on in teampseak or vent.

Someone else buy this!

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #2
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

http://www.betonsoldier.com/index2.php

Looks interesting. The site has some good reading.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

yeah I heard it was pretty good, I thought the name sucks though lol
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Stikes

Send a message via AIM to Stikes

someone else get the MP demo