The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Default MMORPG Build on Tribes 2 engine

Check out this game, a MMO build on the Torque Game Engine. It will have a purchase price but no monthly fee and people can host their own servers and there is a Single Player mode.

http://www.prairiegames.com/ You can download the free demo, I have and so far it is really surprisingly full featured for such a small operation. There are some very innovative features here too that really haven't been done before.

The models need a bit of work, some things are kind of weird like no strafing animation and your feet when running seem to move slower than the ground giving you a sliding around feeling.

Though I have only played around for about 10 minutes I can see a lot of potential in this project, but at the same time can see how it can run into some pitfalls.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

Looks and sounds interesting. I wonder how much the server admin can edit to make their world more original? How is the combat handled? It says each player can have 6 charcters and makes it sound like they all can be played at the same time, the ones not being directly controlled by the player are operated by AI? What can you tell us from your 10 minutes of playing?

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

From my 10 minutes I died a lot lol and would get macros stuck to my mouse. I really can't say much, all I did was create one character and joined a game quickly. I hope to explore it more this weekend. It isn't as intuitive as other games, I still have to learn the UI and stuff. But ya, I did see where you could create a party of players, but I just was short on time so I just made one char and jumped in.

From what I gather, the server Admin can mod it just like any other game, so hopefully they have some 'base' 'renegades' 'shifter' type designations.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Stikes

Send a message via AIM to Stikes

lol

its too complicated :/

looks like it might be fun tho

after the beta