The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Website > Suggestions / Feedback / Testing
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
axle_foley00

Default TS Webpost question?

Hello everyone,

I have seen gryphon's TS Webpost site and there is a link to download the code. I have downloaded the code, but notice that I need to have a "MySql" database setup. My question is, what information do I need to put in the database. I would like to use this script to display the TS servers for my squad and assosciate squads. Can I get a bit of help regarding this please? Thank you in advance and have a nice day/night.

axle_foley00[1]
Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
axle_foley00

okay let me get this straight. I am to create a database with the name "webpost2" then in this database there are to be 5 tables in that database.

1.weblist
2.user
3.channel
4.group
5.admin

Am I right? Also what data will go in each of those tables? what columns and what in the rows?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

He will tell you if you send him money .
Old 08-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
axle_foley00

lol

seriously though can I get some help with this please.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:28 PM   #5
axle_foley00

edit: [double post] my bad.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #6
Stang
Team Captain

Im sure he will help ya when he gets the time, during the day he's at work and they like to keep him busy every once in a while .

Dont worry he will help you though.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:42 PM   #7
axle_foley00

Thank you so very much Stang. Have a wonderful day/night!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:23 PM   #8
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Just create a database and run the admin/install.php in your browser. It will create the tables and as people set their teamspek to your webpost.php the information will be added to the tables.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #9
axle_foley00

lol thank you so much grphyon I really appreciate it. And to think that I was about to do soo much other crazy stuff. Thanks again. I will let you know if it works.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

No problem. I think I need to re-write the readme. I believe it has old info from when you use to have to build the tables yourself.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:50 AM   #11
axle_foley00

hehe okay. I mean everything else in the instructions seemed pretty straight forward except that part about the database. But this is some really good code you have written here.

I am trying to learn php. Its a pretty interesting language and slowly but surely I am getting the hang of it. I have a little test site I am working on, but its only up when my home computer is up and the IP changes frequently. So maybe tomorrow I can post the IP address and if anyone wants to take a look at it they can.

By the way you have a pretty nice site here going for your squad "The Hounds of Zeus". I don't play tribes, but maybe when Tribes: Vengeance (which looks really good) comes out, i'll give it a try. I currently play Americas Army. Have you tried it?
Old 08-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #12
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Yeah, I have tried AA. I couldn't really get into it hehe. A lot of use are currently playing PlanetSide. I can't wait until T:V.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #13
axle_foley00

yeah planetside also looks interesting. I take it you would recommend Tribes to anyone huh?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:42 PM   #14
axle_foley00

okay I thought I would be problem free, but I have encountered another road block. Do I have to have a password for my database? if so, then how do I create a username and password for my database (I tried using the manual, but it didn't work). Also I get this shown on my screen when I try to run the install.php file when I leave the username and password field blank in the config.php file:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_a5caef84160862f6cb54c8bc481234bc, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yannick\My Documents\test site\admin\db_inc.php on line 475

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Documents and Settings\Yannick\My Documents\test site\admin\db_inc.php:475) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yannick\My Documents\test site\admin\db_inc.php on line 475

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Documents and Settings\Yannick\My Documents\test site\admin\db_inc.php:475) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yannick\My Documents\test site\admin\db_inc.php on line 475

Step 1

Welcome to the ssWebpost2 install script. Please make sure that the following information is correct. If it is not, please open the config.php file in a text editor and enter the correct information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host: localhost
Username:
Password:
Database: webpost2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp\sess_a5caef84160862f6cb54c8bc481234bc, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Not too sure what to do next to fix these errors?
Old 08-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #15
Stang
Team Captain