The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2002, 03:14 AM   #1
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66
Default Give me a break

Ok I look at the news to much. Here is the latest. Baceball players are going on strike again. I perosnaly don't really care if they ever come back because I can't stand baceball. Its about as exciting as watching icefishing on television. But going on strike for money reasons when most people in the sport make at least 1 milion the average salarie is over 2 million. Oh boo hoo. Idots.

If the players do strike then they would loose 16.9% of the yearly salery. That means the highest over paid yutz loses 3.6 million of his 21 million salery. Am I the only one that thinks that this is dumb. I don't feel sorry for the players of baceball in any way. They don't have a salery cap to deal with, they can take sterioids to drug them selves up, boo hoo again.

Let them strike and end the season. Who cares about how much them are making I don't their way over paid as far as I am concerned. If that happens there is a good side. Football won't have to compeet for air time arround the playoff and world series time.

One last time IDOTS

Xenocidez66
Old 08-17-2002, 08:32 AM   #2
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

I agree, but there have been press releases from the Twins sayg that they don't want to strike. The MN Twins have some of the youngest players in the League, and they have secured a plyoff spot, and would like to see where it goes...

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 08:44 AM   #3
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Ok I will have to say that I sort of feel sorry for the Twins. They have been in the toilt for so long and finaly win a few games and this happens. I can understand why they don't want to strike. When the league talks of cutting your teem permentaly and then you turn it arround and the other teams want to bail. Thats bad.

Football starts in 23 days and after that its "baceball??? whats that???"
Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM   #4
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

Yeah.... Minnesotans are weird like that... Always the Underdog....

Old 08-18-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

I noticed that and one day mabey you will even win a superbowl. You can always hope anyway.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #6
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Yeah, I can always Hope....

Old 08-18-2002, 01:19 PM   #7
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

I agree!

Why should they get MORE money, **** they should feel damn lucky where they are and that they have such fan support out there for them, without that they have nothing. I think they will lose alot of respect from us fans when they do this.

I cant see how these people have such a great talent and then want MORE and MORE money for it each year, they are just stuck up people in my eyes. Thank God you have that talent and that you have fans. Their celeries are ridiculous! Give that money to the real workers of the world, the ones that risk their lives.

Im not much into baseball but Ill watch a game here and there, of the Mariners of course . They have came a long way and proved themselves, thats why they got a new stadium. Now for the worst team we have, The Seahawks, THEY SUCK!!! And never should have gotten a staduim, they should have to prove themselves like the Mariners did. All they proven is they SUCK ASS. A College team could beat them . They should have just let the Seahawks go when they gave them the option to build a stadium or they will leave.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:25 AM   #8
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Personaly I can't stand baceball but as for your Seahawks they have a great coach and if my memory serves me right they have made the playoffs the last couple of years (more than I can say for my Bears). As for talent in baceball that is a term used very loosley. there is very little talent in playing that game, except mabey a pitcher.

But true they get paid way to much for what they do. 21 million a year and your striking because you want more money and benifits??? That dosen't make any sence at all. At 21 million you can buy any benifit you want I don't see why the league or owners owe them anything.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:02 PM   #9
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Uh you sure your thinking of the right Seahawks? They havent made it to any playoffs in YEARS! They loose every game they play. You sure your not thinking of the Mariners? They have a great coach and they have made to the playoffs for a years now. We keep getting closer and closer! Someday, Someday .

Last edited by Stang; 08-21-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 05:09 PM   #10
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Must... resist comment on the Seahawks.....Must... resist....

Old 08-21-2002, 11:14 PM   #11
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Stang you don't have to take Seahawk bashing from a Vikings fan. Be happy the last Seahawks season was better than the Detroit Lions. But just remember one of the 2 teams that lost to the Lions was the Vikings.

Hail & Kill
Old 08-22-2002, 04:22 AM   #12
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Denny Green is an idiot. It's all his fault. Now he's gone. I am happy.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:35 AM   #13
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

As well you should be, I am sure that the Vikings will improve over the last season. It would be hard not to with the talent that they have and with some sound coaching things could only get better.