The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM
Default You know something that pisses me off?

The news. Specifically the coverage they do for Iraq. The news channels seem to talk an awful lot about how many friendly soldiers die, how many Iraqis die, and how much fighting there is. BUT they NEVER EVER talk about the good things that have been done over there. Things like the Iraqi power grid being rebuilt, water treatment plants rebuilt, sewage treatment plants, schools rebuilt, people being able to walk around without fear of being grabbed and tortured to death.

It just pisses me off. And FOX News and MSNBC have been the only ones that mention the good stuff.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Squeeky

Send a message via AIM to Squeeky

Agreed
Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
Nilk

Send a message via ICQ to Nilk Send a message via AIM to Nilk Send a message via MSN to Nilk Send a message via Yahoo to Nilk

huh, I thought they stopped clocking Iraqi civilian deaths too, somewhere between 6087 and 7798 as of 8/11/03

and unfortunately, as long as the american public(in general, mind you) is so overwhelmingly interested in violence, the major news networks, will only show things that will get their advertisers more business. So no schools or bridges either.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

I hear ya. I can only watch the news for so long before I get upset because you rarely hear any good news from anywhere not just Iraq. Just sad . Like you said the voilence is selling for the news and more and more want to see it so it wont go away, sick.

I've been wondering what is going on here in Seattle. 2 school teachers actually showed the video of that man being beheaded in the class rooms. HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET THAT HAPPEN!? Or think thats ok to show kids? Or show it without getting permission from parents?! They were removed from the school on leave but still. I knew that video would have been leaked out but you think the government would keep that in a secure place so NOBODY could get it. Think of that family knowing that everyone can see their child be killed.

What is happening to our society?! Values are being flushed down the toilet .
Old 05-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

Watch bowling for Columbine... Michael Moore explains it well in there.

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
KitZune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:38 PM   #6
Nilk

Send a message via ICQ to Nilk Send a message via AIM to Nilk Send a message via MSN to Nilk Send a message via Yahoo to Nilk

ugh, violence rules the airwaves, yet sex is shunned in the mass media
heck they are marking up movie ratings for smoking, but you can watch a man get beheaded, on the 5 o'clock news? ugh

I've been wanting to watch "Bowling for Columbine" I think your reference will be enough for me, Kitz.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
insaneferret
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to insaneferret

part of the reason is that it's so easy to report death and destruction, easy to go out to the massacre or huge crater and look at the aftermath, and it has more shock value, which causes people to watch, 'cause its all about the ratings after all. But honestly i have to admit, the fight and dealing with the threat is more important than the iraq having electricity, thats not a real accomplishment

people arent interested in hearing that iraqis have water, electricity and hospitals, because we already have all that stuff, and take it for granted, any interruption of those amenities for us results in crack teams of experts rushing to restore it. hearing that iraqis now have electricity is like hearing that the iraqis wipe thier ass with toilet paper, it's not a great accomplishment that they have these things, they're supposed to have these things, its basic and not of significance to the overall conflict

what is important is kicking those damn insane terrorist's asses to kingdom come, so they never bother us again, they will restore thier water, electricity and all those basic things on thier own if left to themselves, thse things are secondary to the annihilation of despots and radicals (what we're eally there for), and will occur regardless of our involvement

i just plain dont watch the news anymore
Old 05-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #8
Stang
Team Captain

I don't think we will ever be rid of terrorists. There will always be a wacko out there with followers and take it to extremes. What we need to do is keep focused on getting the most dangerous ones out first then move on to the others. IMHO I think Bin Laden was more of a threat than Saddam at the time and should have never left looking for him. I know they are still out there searching but it doesn't seem like its not as hard as they were after 9/11.

They had electricity before we bombed them and went in. They had alot of things that we had just alot more stricter than our ways. We freed them of that strictness and letting them think on their owns. Im glad they are getting things back and on a better track. I wanna see how we are helping them with their own military and law and know when our guys came come back home. Im all for helping these other countries freeing themselves but I also dont want to see our guys doing the dying. Get those Iraqi's into their own army and out on the sides along our guys fighting and dying for their futures.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
FaLLGuY
Forum Regular

Quote:
Watch bowling for Columbine... Michael Moore explains it well in there.

I want to see that movie.

I think if we just got rid of Stang the world would be at peace.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:35 AM   #10
Maz
Forum wh0re

I second Kitzune, watch Bowling for Columbine
Old 05-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #11
Stang
Team Captain

I think if we Fallguy from this forum it the world would be a better place .

Don't make me sick Kitz on your ass cuz she will be all over you and take you down BEEEEE-OITCH!

I have that movie on my computer just keep forgetting its there to watch it .
Old 05-31-2004, 02:10 AM   #12
Maz
Forum wh0re

then it's settle, where gonna ban both stang and fallguy
Old 05-31-2004, 11:29 AM   #13
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

Bottom line is to watch out what you watch, and PLEASE don't let it shape the way you view YOUR world... because the news is tailored to enfear you and to enslave you. It's a tool, and it works suprisingly well... I can see it too, our canadian news is becoming like the american news... and Canada is getting more violent.

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
KitZune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:54 PM   #14
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLGuY
I think if we just got rid of Stang the world would be at peace.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #15
Stang
Team Captain

YES HUSBAND TO THE RESCUE!!!