The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
sh@rp
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to sh@rp Send a message via MSN to sh@rp Send a message via Yahoo to sh@rp
Default Job and English...

I've had an application in since before the summer started at this retirement community (more like a huge city of eldery). Everyone in the area works there... they are very flexible with your hours. They also have a scholarship program and if you work with them your freshmen/senior year or your junior/senior year.. they give you a scholarship Just like that... Everyone works in the food services. Waiting, Hosting, Busing, Cooking, Dishes. That kinda stuff...
Here is my dilemma. The lady that does the applications finally called yesterday! I was psyched because i've been wanting to get a job and not waste my life away doing nothing. She starts asking me basic questions. Am I polite? Do I smile? Am I outgoing? Stuff like that. Then she asks what my worst grade was on my last freshmen report card.. Im rather smart just I don't apply myself... (Doing good this year, haven't missed one bit of work... trying to make honor roll) Last year I failed English and ended up taking it in summer school.... Punishment enough except for the fact that I also had to pay the $250 or so to get in . I am honest and tell her that I did fail English. She pauses and says... Ohhh and then like pauses again. I break the silence by saying that i'm doing outstanding this year. She then sounds a little happier and says, "Well, I'll hold your application and as soon as you get proof you call me back." Then she gives me the number and ext. Told me to call her as soon as I got the proof. I was like alright... sweet... won't be too hard... My teachers have this nifty (awesome word) little grading program that they just enter the grades in and it keeps track of each students grades and averages. So I ask everysingle one of my teachers and they all seem to be very happy to give me a grade report. They print it out in a matter of 10 seconds and i'm on my way. So I have all of the grade reports that matter. (Chemistry, CADD(major), Geometry, Spanish 3, and World History) Then I remembered, Oh crap! Forget English! So I jog down to the otherside of the school where my English teacher is. I ask her politely if she would be able to print me a grade report. She gives me this shocked look like, Why the F*** would I do that sorta thing... She asks in a smart attitude, "Why do you need that?" So I explain to her about how I need it to show to the Interviewer lady. She then screams, "No!!" I don't have grade reports and I don't do them untill interims go out!" (Interims come out in about 3 weeks...) Now, i've never had a problem with this lady. Haven't talked out in her class (I'm extremely talkative so thats pretty good of me so far ) She is pretty strict but is usually rather reasonable... This really pissed me off though... I felt like saying, "Why don't you get off your fat ass, walk over to the computer hit the print button and take 10 seconds of your life to help someone out..." But I didn't. Not trying to get into trouble this year. Not trying to be disrespectful either...

I really don't know what to do now... I'm not trying to wait 3 weeks to call that lady back. I'm afraid she might get rid of my application figuring, "He ain't gonna call back." My mom suggested talking to the guidance counselor and maybe she might be able to help me out... Gonna try that tommorow... But I have a feeling that won't do much. Anyone have some other ideas ?

Proud Member of the XMEN

sh@rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Well that sucks, the teacher is there to provide for your future and yet doesn't provide for your future. I would report it to her superiors really and get the transcript from them. The teachers are there to provide a service for you, if they don't fulfill that obligation like any other person in any job, they get fired.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable

HaxoR her Gibson and steal all her mega-hurtz!

Anyway, stick with the Guidance Councelor approach, and if that doesn't work, go up the line of supervisors inch by inch until one of them is able to fix the problem to your satisfaction.

Of course an alternative would be to sweet talk one of her Grad Students or assistant professors into stealing your grade.

Then again, you could scan the transcript you already have and edit in the lines you need for the english course. Last resort sort of thing though.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
sh@rp
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to sh@rp Send a message via MSN to sh@rp Send a message via Yahoo to sh@rp

Heh i'm liking that last approach Variable. Don't think my mom would though. Ya well Counselor wasn't there today... so ima have to talk to her first thing on Monday. And if that doesn't work... i'll prolly use the go up the line of superiors idea . Wouldn't mind getting her fired either Gryph Getting stricter and more bitchier as the days go on.

Proud Member of the XMEN

sh@rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

There's a joke there...

she needs a really good... shall we say... pounding. (And I don't mean violence. )

She's probably stressed because she hasn't done the grades yet. She's not being smart if that's the case. But she shouldn't have snapped at you like that. She should have explained what was going on that prevented her from giving you what your current grade was at that moment. (Likely that she hasn't put the grades in yet... or even graded some things.) Trust me when I tell you that teachers definitely do NOT have it easy.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

that's really strange, Sharpie... if anything, she would be giving you your grade report as it stood before the last re-evaluation (ie, the interims) prior to the start of this current year, regardless of whether they come out in 3 weeks or not. Is she the only one who can get you the grade report? is there someone else in that office who can do it?

It's likely she might have had a bad day, who knows, but it still isn't an excuse to pop off on you like that > Mebbe give it a try again this week?

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote