The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele
Default Election Results

Are you happy? unhappy? Don't care? How did ya vote?

me I'm Happy...voted Bush/Cheney...Rossi for Gov of Wash
Old 11-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #2
Jode
Whoopiteedoo!

The Rossi vote is exciting, may be the 1st Republican govenor in our state in the past 20 years! I'll be watching that one.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
XRogue
Forum wh0re

I'm happy.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #4
insaneferret
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to insaneferret

turned out the way i wanted it to, glad kerry was a good sport and i dont have to listen to weeks of recount chaos again
Old 11-03-2004, 12:53 PM   #5
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

yeah I am excited about Rossi too...I voted Demacrat in the last election and figured this time around we needed a change...

I thought Kerry was a good sport as well...plus SNL will be so much better with Bush as Prez
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #6
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

I'm not impressed. But, it's your country to waste I suppose. I just pray the rest of the world doesn't turn its back permanently away from the US, because if the past 4 years are any gauge... You guys are going be an island.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

But we're an island the rest of the world depends on, and vice versa. We'll see, I guess.

I caught a good bit of Kerry's concession speech, and thought it was done very well, for the most part. Didn't hear Bush's.

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:25 PM   #8
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Bush didn't have a concession speech, that is probably why you didn't hear it
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:06 PM   #9
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban

I'm torn. Part of me wishes Kerry was in office, to help stave off the ultra religious conservative right from legislating on every moral issue that comes up, from gay marriage and abortion to whether ducks can wear pants on Sundays (an actual law). With some of the new Republican senators, Coburn for example, and Bush not needing to be moderate at all since he can't be re-elected (although dissolving the other two branches and declaring himself Emperor is not too far fetched at this point), they're going to ramrod their point of view down every American's throat, the very sanctity of our basic rights as Americans are at stake.

On the other hand, if Kerry was in office, he'd have to deal with all the garbage Bush has gotten the country into, and would be remembered by most ignorant people as the guy who messed everything up, since Republican spin doctors are some of the best.

At least this way, Bush can be held accountable for all his mistakes, if the American media grows a backbone and starts doing its job. In my opinion, the very fact that people voted for Bush at all shows an alarming lack of political savvy, no insult intended. Look at the campaigns that were run, the reason Bush's campaign was an "attack Kerry" campaign was because for the last four years, Bush has done nothing of value for the American people. Let's see:

1. Blew through the largest budget surplus in the last 100 years halfway through his first term.

2. Lost 2 million jobs to overseas sub contracting and general economic malaise.

3. Mired the country into a war from which there is NO escape, it is not possible to win the war on terrorism because it ISN'T a war, and the other side isn't fighting it that way anyways. That's why terrorism is so effective, and the Bush presidency not only has failed to remove any significant threat against the country from power, they've made MORE enemies AND have shown more of our weaknesses to the enemy. I.e. nuclear power plants having two unarmed security guys to prevent terror?

4. Created a stupid "terror alert" system designed not to be informative, but to keep the populace in fear and apprehensive. Its a tool to make sure people don't lose "sight of the goal" any time people start doubting Bush, well lo and behold, the terror threat is Red now!! There have been many leaders throughout history that understood and even wrote about and used fear as a political tool: Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, etc. Machiavelli wrote that the most effective means of population subduing was to create an environment of fear through the use of a "spectre"; an unknowable and unseen enemy that could be used as a carrot before a donkey.

Anyways, we're screwed either way, but at least Kerry wouldn't have been so brutish and thug like about it. And I absolutely cannot stand the new Bush "grin" and his beady eyes and halting method of speech. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

*explodes*

/rant
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Kaleban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:06 PM   #10
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

Gryph - I was waiting for that. Didn't have to wait long!

Kal - I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it.

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #11
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

That's right, Kal... If you were working for Haliburtan (sp?) you'd be rolling in the dough overseas... Unless you got kidnapped, of course. Getting beheaded kinda sux I guess... But that's the fun of pre-emptive war, right? Except the Iraqis aren't subdued.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:27 PM   #12
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

Anyone who apposes Kalebans views on the myriad failings of bush must first face me upon the sands of the arena! I fear the next four years, I fear that bush will turn his beady little eyes north and urge his legions of rabid ultra-conservatives onwards with his completely inept speeches. The man has a room temperature IQ! Fear not, Brother Kaleban, for I shall stand with you!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:43 PM   #13
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

I'd have to say that I agree with Kaleban's words. That religious input scares the bejeezus out of me.

And I'd have to say that the most important news to watch during the runup to the election was not FOX news, not CNN, not MSNBC. It was the Daily Show with John Stewart. I'm being totally honest here when I say that. You watch CNN or MSNBC and they don't have the balls to tell it like it is. You watch FOX news, and it's so propagandized, it's like I'm reading reports from the Missile Defense Agency at work detailing how well the missile defense shield works (especially since they haven't actually tested the damn thing in real conditions... and the unreal conditions the interceptors were tested in had failed about 50% of the time). I saw part of a FOX news broadcast at lunch today and they had this guy on there talking about the fact that 50% of the country voted against Bush and that he's got some mending to do. The anchor said something like, "He won the election. Shut up." I'll tell you what... I wanted to reach through the TV and knock some sense into that guy.

And John Stewart's challenge to one of the CNN news folks (hardball, anchor or something...) was pure REAL news. Stewart had the guts to call out the guy on some issues, and if you haven't seen the video of the whole thing... I highly recommend it.

I wholly agree with Kaleban's four points as well. If you read about what Bush and his Republicans have done... it's all true. (Besides... I don't think people in Nebraska have much to worry about for terror... and I'm not so sure they can spell it. <- A paraphrase of a John Stewart quote, which makes a lot of sense.)

Though I will say that Bush (and Kerry) has helped bring out more people than ever before to vote (a good thing). And that a good percentage of the Republicans in Congress who got Bush into office, will be saying things like "better get that budget under control", "better start some initiatives to get the economy going so that jobs can be created", "better figure out how to secure Iraq" (not necessarily pull troops out though... it's not something that can be done overnight without alienating the middle east). And that brings another point up... what happens to those soldiers over there that return and get discharged? They'll need jobs, and probably lots of out-counciling after fighting for such extended tours.

Then there is the whole issue of things like the Patriot Act, which sounds fine and dandy, but I think goes too far in what powers it grants the government (secret searches? secret seizures? secret arrests? etc...)

It goes on. (jobs, economy, healthcare, social security, taxes, defense spending, stupid moral things, etc.)
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #14
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

BTW, I voted for Kerry. I didn't want Bush back in office. Rumsfeld has done a somewhat ****** job of running the war in Iraq for one (planning the war was easy, staying around for reconstruction wasn't planned for).

I'm a bit sad. But crying isn't going to do anything. And also, FYI, I don't pigeon-hole myself into a particular party. I vote for who best fits what I believe and who best benefits me. I would have voted for Scharzeneggar if I had been in California back then. The man has done a tremendous job so far. And I regularly voted for Jennifer Dunn (a republican congresswoman from the district I lived in in WA state). Mrs. Dunn does a hell of a job.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #15
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

Everyone has heard me rant about Bush before... He's killing america, and he really doesn't care.

Bush + war + oil company + oil rich nation = Poor motherland, rich Bush.

I can smell a con-deal like this a mile away

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
KitZune is offline   Reply With Quote