The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Default T2 Car Wars

It's that time again....

OK, folks, we've got a Theme Night coming up this Saturday evening.

Where: XMEN Trout Pond (our T2 server)
When: 8 PM CST (9 PM EST, 6 PM PST)
Why: For the Joy That Is Car Wars (tm)
Who: Anyone that wants to show up!
What: CAR WARS, that long-standing tradition of the DTM.

If you've never played CW when we did it during the days of T1, the concept was pretty simple. Each team would load up one (or two, if they had the people to do) APCS. They'd meet near the center of the map, away from interfering turrets. Then, they would try to shoot each other down.

The basic rules were these:

No shooting from the ground- CW was about vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

If you fell out of the APC, you were considered 'dead' when you hit the ground, and should CTRL K.

Ramming the enemy APC wasn't allowed (made for very short and one-sided match ups).

Now, as the vehicles and weapons in T2 have changed (ie: shields, missile launchers, and flares), the rules are going to have to change a little. I can't say I know what those rules will be, or even how well Havoc vs. Havoc combat will be. But, half the fun of CW was making stuff up as we went along.

However, I'm going to suggest that we still do not shoot from the ground (so no ground vehicles unless we can think up some new rules) or ram vehicles together. Anything else should be fair game.

Chances are, the password for the Pond will be 'xmen', lowercase.

Come one, come all, and invite your friends. EVERYONE is welcome to these. Just remember we're doing this to have fun, not to win.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban
Default No Missiles!

5 heavies firing missiles would also make for very short combat.

I think it would be best to rule these out, or at least make sure every one is carrying flares!

As a fan of naval combat, I think that Havoc vs. Havoc combat without missiles would in part mirror old style naval combat back in the days of Sail. Basically you try to broadside your opponent.

The weapons I can see being used would most likely be: Chaingun, Blaster, ELF (when it gets close), Disclauncher, and possibly the laser rifle.

Doing this would allow for tactical maneuvering on the part of the pilot, and would rule out most flip crashes due to missile impact.

To be fair, since the weapons used do comparitively low damage versus the missile launcher, repair packs should not be allowed either. Most likely, its gonna be ammo and energy packs exclusively.

And you mentioned the players that "fall off" being dead. Not sure how you would fall of a Havoc unless you accidentally hit the Jump key. But if you run out of ammo and are required to "exit" the vehicle, perhaps this would allow for players from one Havoc (especially a Light with an Energy pack) to attempt a "boarding" action, where they attempt to lauch off of their Havoc and enter the opposing team's! Open up some interesting tactics to say the least.
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Kaleban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 03:44 PM   #3
Maz
Forum wh0re

*sigh*, I won't even bother answering, if you want to know what I think, read it in the general forum of LoS
Old 05-30-2001, 11:09 AM   #4
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Kaleban, good point. We haven't yet seen havoc-to-havoc combat in T2 (at least I haven't myself), so I don't know what it'll be like.

As half the fun is trying out stuff, we can give both methods a whirl and see what happens.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote