The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #16
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Look, this is essentially a surgery, no matter if the teeth are erupted or not. There will be pain/discomfort and the need to take precautions so you'll heal well. Follow instructions, do not use a straw, be careful when brushing teeth after the extraction to stay away from the holes with your brush. If you use an electric toothbrush, don't use it, get a regular one to use while you heal. Take your painkillers and ice your face, and if you have to drop liquid down your throat with an eyedropper to avoid sucking when you swallow, DO IT. You'll be fine.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #17
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

I haven't read the prior page but I had my wisdom teeth removed in early June this year. I was scared of it going in, but it wasn't that bad afterwards. I had 4 other teeth removed for braces a few years back that I still have nightmares about because the Orthodontist didn't put me out or give me any general pain killers (his pulling and yanking, pulling and yanking, over and over and over and over for what seemed like an hour with him saying that I couldn't feel pain from the pressure near my eyes since he wasn't doing anything there).

I was basicly out for one day for the wisdom teeth removal but the surgen was awsome. He and his staff even sent me a card the next day with their signatures on it. To drink I just tilted my head back and poored it down. To eat, well I basicly ate oatmeal and pudding for a couple of days. I brushed my teeth, from habit of braces, after every meal with a soft brush for the holes but a regular brush for the rest.

After all said and done, you couldn't even tell I had them removed an all my worries were for nothing, that time.

*Edit*
They will start you on antibiotics the day before the surgery, which you will continue to take for about a week or so after. For me they put me on a IV drip to put me out, they numbed my skin my freezing it a little. I went out rather fast, didn't wake up during the entire process, but they did wait about 15 to 20 minutes for me to wake up after the normal time it takes for people to come out of it. Mentaly I was not all there, couldn't really feel anything and basicly all my body movements were based on sight since I could hardly feel my limbs. My Mom had to stablize me from the chair to the van, then the van to bed. I remember taking a couple of sips of water and some more pills, but for the rest of that day I slept.

The second day I layed in bed but didn't sleep all day, just mentally couldn't focus on anything. Watched TV all day, couldn't stand looking at a monitor (for some reason I felt like throwing up each time I did for a couple of minutes). I had no holes form from the removal of the teeth, and in fact I can hardly even see any evidence that they were ever there. I was basicly back on my feet on the second day, and operating a vehicle even though the lable on the pills said not to (the family dog needed to be picked up from the trimmers and my Mom couldn't get there before they closed so I just drove the half mile. I told my mom afterwards that I would not try that again for awhile because of the drozyness).

Don't worry about it. Most likely it will go off with out a hitch and you will only suffer a day or two. After that then you basicly are back to normal and wouldn't notice a difference.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition

Last edited by LoS-NutzholzWolf; 11-29-2004 at 07:59 PM. Reason: A few more things I forgot to put in
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:14 PM   #18
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Tim, when the dentist said they were impacted, it means that the growth of your wisdom teeth caused them to be pointed at your other teeth. And as they grew, they eventually made contact and that's what the impacted term means, I think.

If they don't get removed, they'll screw up the alignment and orientation of your other teeth.

And they're called wisdom teeth because they don't usually come in until you are in your late teens or early twenties.

My dad's story was a bit different for his. His were not impacted, or growing in funny or anything. But the Coast Guard said that he had to have them out, because they didn't want his teeth to all of a sudden come out and have him bleed to death. So he went to the doctor on base, took a shot of whiskey and then the doc took a shot of whiskey, and they took them out. Only a minor amount of local anesthetic because the petty officer doing the drugs didn't want to use up the rest of the supply of stuff and they didn't consider my dad a major surgery. Needless to say, it wore off during the operation and my dad went the rest of the way with no painkillers. He said that it couldn't be worse for me than that, and he was right.

My surgeon wasn't drunk, didn't have shaky hands, and knew what he was doing. That is until they stretched my mouth out so much that my lower lip split. Did it hurt? Nope. But I have a nasty scar there that barely shows up now. Except when I smile.

You'll be fine as long as you follow what Rogue said. And don't EVER, EVER, EVER eat hard things like tortilla chips for a week or so after the surgery. You get something hard to press into one of your scabs and it HURTS like nothing else.

And probably one of the gross things about the surgery was that I looked like I got hit in the face with a sledgehammer for a couple of days after the surgery. But then I healed up just fine. Until the damned chip of death entered my mouth! Oh and when the stitches come out, you might not feel them. Though I did have one pop out during lunch at school the next week. It just popped out and I bit into it, and had some nasty tasting stuff in my mouth (all the bloody mess of a scab and some nasty food particles). But I actually swallowed one of them while I slept.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #19
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

mmmmm yummy 1 week til D- day
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #20
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

The likelyhood of anything going wrong is extremely slight. I didn't have any problems the way the people above did, nor am I going to try and scare you with horror stories Just try to avoid working for a few days afterwords; you'll probably feel like crap.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:15 PM   #21
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

I go in tomorrow AM at 8:00. I picked up all the pain pilss and antibiotics today...Wish me well...
Old 12-06-2004, 04:25 PM   #22
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

Have fun, don't think about it, and see you in a couple of days. It will go fine.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:30 PM   #23
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Or it won't and we'll wonder what happened to you.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:04 PM   #24
Steele
Forum Regular

Asha...if you were'nt bigger than me, I'd soo kick yer arse

that was funny
Old 12-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #25
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

Good luck. Remember, I'm pullin' for ya, we're all in this together.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 AM   #26
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Rotsa Ruck, Steele. You'll be fine. Painkillers are our friends, and so are frozen peas.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:11 AM   #27
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #28
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Give them his drugs and they will find him handsome .
Old 12-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #29
Steele
Forum Regular

drigs are nice til they were off...I amde it one peasce...going back to bed know...vuck this hurts
Old 12-08-2004, 11:48 AM   #30
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Stay there and get better dude.