The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
yak
Threadkiller

Send a message via MSN to yak Send a message via Yahoo to yak
Default bush's need for WWIII

the U.S. just started off the war by attacking Iraqi artillery as well as some of the short range missiles that have enough range to strike u.s. troops. In my opinion, in a few months the world will be uninhabitable, becuase World War Three will begin. Right Now, the U.S. has only a couple of allies, the rest of the world hates them.

if you ask me one of the reasons that the U.S. is so screwed up, is because it is being run by a BUSH, a DICK, and a COLIN.

what is everyone else's opinion.

One can smile, and smile, and still be a villian.-William Shakespeare

Are you trying to tell me that the man who tried to put a rubber fist in my anus was a uhh.. homosexual?-Borat
yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

One thing Ive learned about talking on the boards is not to talk about Politics with close friends cuz everyone has a different opinon and things just get out of control and everyone just gets mad and then its no fun. So Ill reply just this once since I rarely respond to these politics topics.

Im in the middle about everything. I dont think this is a cause for war but I think Saddam needs to leave or die, just like Bin Laden.

I wonder why do we have the U.N. when its there job to do this kinda stuff, like disarm countries, when the US is just going to override them and do what we want? Explain to me if you can plz so I can understand.

The US doesnt need to control everyone, worry about whats going on in our country first. If another country asks for assistance then work on a way to help them. Every country is different and they dont need to be like us, thats what makes this world interesting. Different cultures not all the same. We d/l the movie "Bowling For Columbine" and it looks interesting. I saw one clip and it says we have the highest rate of gun killings, over 11,000 a yr. as other countries were only in the double digits. Isnt that something we need to work on? Kinda sad we die more by our own people in the US than any other country.

This war should have been handled 12 yrs ago when it arose. Not war but taken over and not let it gotten this bad.

I have so many things going thru my head and I hope things work out in the end and the right thing is done. And that our men and women dont die in vain or anyone in that matter.

Again lets not get into an arguement here just express your feelings and lets see were it goes.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #3
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

IMO, Saddam's been asking for it. He doesn't recognize the "no-fly-zones" that were set up to protect minorities among his own people, and often fires on US and UK planes that patrol those areas.

He's a fiend, simply put, and if you don't believe me look up information on his biography.

Not that that in itself is cause for a war. The reason for war is that he's ignored UN demands time and time again, he's got outlawed weapons and has used them multiple times, and in the present, terrorist-heavy world it would amaze me if some of his anthrax, VX, and the like didn't get into the hands of Al Queda or other groups like them.

The original Gulf War never really ended - the cease-fire was conditional upon his disarmament. Do you honestly think he's disarmed? And thus we resume what should have been finished long ago, that we halted in the first place because of pressure from the same groups that said, "Sure, give Hitler Austria, France, and Poland. He won't need any more."

So in short, you won't need to worry about WWIII just yet. But if you leave Saddam in there you might have to worry about smallpox in New York or L.A. or London. And THAT could theoretically kill a third of the country, and make no distinction whatsoever between military and civilians.

And lest you be thinking of the cost in human life from a humanitarian standpoint, don't forget that because of international sanctions and Saddam's refusal to put the welfare of his people above his military developments and palaces, Iraqis are starving every day. (I heard one pundit quote a 5,000/day casualty rate.) The US food and medical airdrops which accompany our war planes would be quite welcome to these folk. You think Saddam would feed anyone like that?

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

Here's more, from a Brit no less. http://pub141.ezboard.com/fxmenclanx...cID=4127.topic

-The Tao of Programming
Old 03-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

I refuse to weigh in on this, because I've been harping/fuming about it from the onset, with resolution 1441.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:08 PM   #6
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66

Ahhh I was there 12 years ago. Plain and simple Bush senior fu**ed it up the first time.

I don't nessarly agree with what is going on but I will have to admit I a pleased that someone told the "Useless Nations" to blow them selves. Its about time that the UN gets stuffed by their own inability to act on their own resoultions. Now look at where its goten them for all the idle crap that they have spoken in the past.

Personaly I think that france should be next.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:50 PM   #7
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Yeah. Just on the basis of them stalling over Iraq while trying to milk that 60 billion oil investment deal, while the Iraqis are starving and being kept from seeing or hearing anything but, "Saddam is good. US is evil."
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #8
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Beware what your media tells you. It works both ways, I'm sorry to say. It's part of the reason why I'm glad I don't watch CNN.

Old 03-23-2003, 05:38 PM   #9
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

You don't have to watch CNN. There are plenty of news services out there. Personally, I hate CNN.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:08 PM   #10
Gambit
Forum wh0re

One reason the internet is nice: I can read www.cnn.com or english.pravda.ru or www.rushlimbaugh.com just as easily.

The other side of that coin is you can always find someone who agrees with your own opinions - which can lead to awfully rigid thinking and loss of honest evaluative skills if you're not very careful.

-The Tao of Programming
Old 03-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #11
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ssia&e=3&ncid=

Damn Russians.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:21 AM   #12
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Right.... how many weapons from American firms are in the hands of Third-World dictators? That's including Saddam's army. Is the American government powerful enough to control its own free enterprise?

Old 03-24-2003, 07:56 AM   #13
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Laur, if someone told Uncle Sam that, say, Lockheed was selling F16 components to the Chinese without the government's explicit OK, they'd bring an awful lot of pressure to bear on LH and it would stop. The key is how important the issue is to our government. Not much they could do about stuff already out there, but they could choke the supply.

With Russia, the issue may be a lack of information or lack of control of the situation since the collapse of the Soviet Union, a deliberate thing, or it may just be a lassez-faire attitude. In most cases, I think they could do something about it if they wanted to.

I did notice that Russia is a little upset because they think some of our spyplanes are flying too close to their airspace, though. Hmm... A tool of statecraft?

-The Tao of Programming
Old 03-24-2003, 08:26 AM   #14
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

It's not about weapons. It's about the fact that a GPS jammer does no good to the Iraqi people when that guided bomb hits the wrong building because it can't get a signal.
Saddam probably had ordered hospitals and schools built next to military installations, because in the previous conflict we didn't have weapons with consistently as high precision. So we would bomb an area near a target on a run. Not very fun for the people near the target. So when that 2000 lb bomb hits a hospital because of a lost GPS signal, it's the Russians fault.

Trying to make a buck at any cost, especially to others, is highly unethical.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #15
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66

Laurelin, your comment is to be understood. Most people that haven't been in or outside the military don't understand private business and military contracts. Sure Beoing makes 747's they also make F-15E Strike Eagles, and A/F-18 Hornets. Lockheed makes some fantastic civilian aircraft but also has several Military contracts.

Both of these companys sell their military aircraft to other countries but only under the conscent of the military, and other countries cannot order the same aircraft that the United States uses. If a company did they would loose more than just the military contract but the company would be put out of busniess very quickly. Military contracts are highly prized items and have many clauses.

Not just anyone can get this stuff. As for the Russians, their government dosen't controll anything. Their military hasen't been paid in years. The Russian mob controlls the country and ANYTHING is for sale in Russia. I would be suprised if there wasen't a Russian nuke somewhere in Iraq, but even Sadam isn't crazy enough to pull that move. I am sure that the Russian government didn't have anything to do with it and they are totaly in the dark. But I am sure that someone with mob connections did.

This is all really sad what is going on and it gets a little worse every day. Because of the tactics that Iraq is using look for growing numbers of civilian casualties as the Alied nations are forced to fire to save their lives and the human shields become just that.