The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2001, 01:31 PM   #1
Sgt Slaughter
Forum n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt Slaughter
Default Dont Buy Asus.....

Why you ask?
I will tell you why......NOT TO BUY ASUS!!!!!!

Because, they are the only manufacturer of computer parts that actually target the lowest scum of the online community....cheaters.

Asus makes drivers for their video cards that are tweakable and make it possible for lowlife punks to use wall hack, wire modeling and other cheats in games such as CounterStrike and other opengl games. I'm sure it's possible for Tribes also.

Many computer gaming mags and online gaming sites have testing this and proven it's possible. They have called Asus out on it and Asus relented and stopped supplying the drivers for a while. But they made new drivers for the current crop of cards.

Unfortunately I didn't know this when I bought my own Asus card, a 7100. I don't use Asus drivers though, I use Nvidia.
But Punkbuster servers still give me a hard time, so I can't run my pb client.

So Please, if you can avoid doing so, buy from their competitors instead. Do not support such attrocities. Companies like Asus have no problems ruining the fun of a game for their own profits.

Well, that's all.....*Sarge steps off his soapbox*.

Go on with your reading, and thanks for stopping by.

(this thread was started in regards to the discussion about upgrades in a previous thread)

ASUS
Sgt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 03:43 PM   #2
Maz
Forum wh0re

I heard about it, but stil bougth myself an ASUS 7700, I'm currently waiting for, but in no way I'm going to cheat, I barelly even used script in T1 because I found it cheating, *sigh*, cheating ruines the whole gaming industry, look at Diablo1
Old 05-30-2001, 06:50 AM   #3
Sgt Slaughter
Forum n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt Slaughter
Default *Sarge again takes down his soapbox*...

True about Diablo.

The main reason I didn't even 'try' Diablo II is the effect the cheating had on me in the first version.

I too do not use scripts in my current games. For the reason...scripting has gotten out of hand..in my opinion. I think games should be 'pure' to the creation of the programmers. I used scripts in T1, yea, and got too used to them to not use them. But have decided against using them anymore. Besides, it's a better defense in your favor for that day that you get accused of cheating.

That's the other rub on this subject though. Being 'good' puts you at risk of cries of "cheater". I've been accused twice in Counterstrike so far, and perma-banned from a server. I'm not that good either. My kill/death ratios are usually 50-60%. Nothing to brag about, yet even I get accused. I don't use any scripts at all, I don't even bind keys. That's usually used to annoy other players anyways.

As for Asus, no, I will never buy another Asus product. The gamers must ...again in my opinion...be the ones to make the point to these companies that we will not stand for it. Corporations will never do anything for the sake of good and proper, they need to feel it in the pocketbook. Phillip Morris is a good example. Money is the bottom line. There are other manufacturers that make products just as good or better than Asus.

Unfortunately, it takes alot of people to make things change. I fear that we don't have enough people in the gaming community that really give a damn though. What I see, from what people say in the games, is that hey, "if they can cheat, so can I". There seems to be a "join and make things worse" attitude, than a "let's do something to fix this problem" attitude out there and it makes me a bit sad to see.

In CS 1.0, there was an exploit that would allow people to step into a solid object and be undetected. These people would then wait, "camp", until someone would come by then shoot them. It was common knowledge, and there would be at least one idiot per game that would do it. When I called it a exploit cheat, someone on my team said it was not a cheat, cause everyone could do it. I see this as a really twisted sense of right and wrong. And the bummer is, I fear am NOT in the majority on this.
If someone discovered how to make themselves invisible, and showed everyone how to do it, and made it possible to commit any crime undetected, would it make those crimes any less of a crime cause everyone could do it? No it wouldn't.

So anyhoo, the bottom line is this, ask yourself..."Do I want to be part of the problem? or part of the solution?" I asked myself that question about 13 years ago. I chose solution. What will you choose?

*Sarge puts his soapbox up on the shelf*

--Stang, nice idea here, I guess I do like to bitch more than I thought--
Sgt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:01 AM   #4
Maz
Forum wh0re

In Diablo2 they did a good job on solving the cheat issue by putting two types of battle.net, on that saves you character on your PC, where people cheat like crazy, and another battle.net that saves your character on the're server, so that you can't hack it, but even them, the game was repetitive, but I just read that they release a fusion that equals out the game, and supositlly makes it twice as better, I'm probably gonna try it next week
Old 05-30-2001, 11:05 AM   #5
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Question

A fusion? Lemme know about that, Mazzy

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 04:26 PM   #6
Maz
Forum wh0re

I read about in a magazine, it's called the fusion pack, version 2.5, you can get it at this web page, I'm gonna try it out tomorrow nigth, heres the linkthey gave in the magazine http://www.phrozenkeep.com/~tactics
Old 06-01-2001, 04:37 PM   #7
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

/me borrows Sarges soapbox

Thats why I put it in here Sarge . Hope it makes everyone feel better afterwards, I know how it feels to hold things in for a while and then how it feels to get it out, what a relief!!!

You made some very good points and I agree with you. This problem will never go away unfortunetly, would be nice to though. And the sad thing is it happens EVERYWHERE and with practically every company out there. All about the ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR!!!

/me puts Sarges soapbox back on shelf
Old 06-03-2001, 11:05 AM   #8
Maz
Forum wh0re

There will always be someone, somewhere to srew up whatever perfect, *sigh*