The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban

If an Iraqi MiG-21 buzzed anywhere near Washington D.C., what do you think would happen? KABOOM! Plane shot down. Firing missiles at foreign military aircraft flying near your capital city is not a terrorist attack, nor aggressive, it is a defensive measure. This is the second time we've attacked them, admittedly the first was to help out a fringe ally (Kuwait) but the second was unprovoked and totally unwarranted.

And while we are investing in the re-building of Iraq, its been stated by both political parties that a drawn out Iraqi conflict will gain nothing for the citizens of Iraq, and will take decades for even maximum oil output to repay what the USA has invested to this point in time. Ten or more years down the road, and all the oil they have won't pay it back. Remember, after a year and a half AFTER Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" we've spent over $200 BILLION in Iraq...

I agree that currently, the USA has many freedoms that other countries do not enjoy, however with an all-Republican government, with many extreme conservative Christians in office, I have a feeling that the Constitution and Bill of Rights are the new targets of the updated and improved Patriot Act. While I would say I find partial birth abortion very distasteful and is something to be avoided if possible, what I don't agree with is that we have a President who brings morality into judicial and legislative authority. One person's morals do not (or should not) dictate what every other person in a country as diverse as the USA should follow, but the government under Republicans and Christians sure are trying hard.

I mean, how many states took a vote on gay marriage right after November 2nd? 11, 12? And half passed or something like that? As our founding fathers said (who, by the way were even more hard-line religious Puritans, but were wise enough to realize not everyone else was) separation of church and state are of paramount concern.

I seriously doubt that Chinese-Americans, African-Americans, Latino-Americans, etc., etc. share the same moral or religious values that the Christian Coalition espouse, and it will be a sad day indeed when our society looks like something out of John Carpenter's Escape From New York/L.A. movies...

/rant

P.S. Look at morals like this (in my opinion):

Clinton got a BJ in office, and was impeached. The Republicans went at him from every angle on Whitewater, never proved anything, and used a frivolous and trumped up sexual harrassment case to take him down, because he wasn't killing towel-heads and spending money like water.

Bush currently has gotten over 1000 U.S. soldiers killed for what many think is a useless or at least misguided war. And the body count rises daily, with no clear plan from our current administration (Bush, being Commander in Chief is the one who must take responsibility).

If, in the end its found that Bush collaborated with the Saudis, that Cheney is in it for Halliburton, and even IF these rumours are proven unfounded, who has caused the greater pain to the office of the President, and the Nation as a whole? I know who I'd say.
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War

Last edited by Kaleban; 11-07-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Kaleban is offline   Reply With Quote