The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > THZ* Applications > Completed/Inactive Applications
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2002, 07:00 AM   #1
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66
Default Looking to Join.

Hail to the Hounds of Zeus. I have finally aquired a coppy of Tribes 2 and have been getting back into the swing of things and enjoy the changes over the orrignal Tribes. In the last 2 days I have been searching for a clan to join and yours is the only one that has any class. Your web site is very profesional and so is your attitude to the game.

I am good at sniping and bace defence and with a little pratice I am sure that I can learn other tricks. I live in Iceland with my family and have a 2Mbps ADSL line. I am a fair player and follow orders if they are given. Other wise I am good at frelancing and attemping to take up any slack or breaks in the defence/offence.

Feel free to ask any questions you wish I will respond as soon as I am able.

Thank you.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:53 AM   #2
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Xenocidez66,

Thank you for your application to The Hounds of Zeus. In this post I will detail a few things you should expect from us, and things you should not expect. First of all our system is much different than other Tribe's systems. We do not simply watch you in a few games, think you are good and allow you to join. You must prove yourself to be an attentive, active, and fun, mature teamplayer before you gain our gratitude. First, I will give you a list of things to expect and not to expect.

- We are not currently participating in the TWL or any other League. (http://www.teamwarfare.com)

- ANY of our members can be reached, by theirname@thzclan.com. If you join up you will also have Xenocidez66@thzclan.com You may choose to use this new POP3 address, or have it redirect e-mail to your current address.

- We are allied with a fellow tribe called the X-MEN (http://www.xmenclan.org/) They are very ... "fishy" so if you have a problem with trout you may not want to be near them. They helped us fill out a team for the BEML (Blood Eagle Mini-League http://www.thebeml.com) Which we WERE active in with a team called =DF* Which stood for DogFish. They have access to our "Semi-private" forum and all other general forums and frequent them fairly often.

- We plan to join competitions in tribes 2 and not in Tribes 1.

The application process will go as follows:

+ Post a message in our application section outlining what you like to do in tribes, what you are good at and what your weaknesses are. Include information about your favorite servers.. and your most likely "free time" is so that we can both arrange practices and matches around your free time, as well as everyone else's. If you have already done this, that is great.

+ Every week we will be reviewing your application and voting you in, voting you out, or voting for you to wait longer. Every week at this time we will get in touch with you to update you on how your application is going, and your chances of getting in. Be patient, we are human beings too. Voting is supposed to begin on a Saturday and end on a Monday.

+ Add aTHZ* to the FRONT of your tag: ex: "aTHZ*Xenocidez66" the asterisk is necessary, it is part of our tag... we like to keep the tag uniform... examples:
THZ*Gryphon
THZ*Stang[DTM]
THZ*KitZune
THZ*Dax*DTM
THZ*Stuwey[DTM]

The tag rules are, there should be NOTHING before the aTHZ* and everything must come after it, and it must be aTHZ*. In Tribes 2 you will be sent an e-mail asking you to join the clan called "Applicant to THZ" please accept this request and your aTHZ* tag will be given to you automatically... PLEASE make it your highest priority tag when you are playing with us at least, so we can see how well you are doing.

Things are pretty quiet here at THZ right now, so if you are looking to find a good group of friends that play together when they can, you in luck. If, however, you are looking for a cold hard non-freindly team to do some serious competition, we may not be the best place for you.

Good luck, Xenocidez66!

Last edited by Ghryphen; 08-14-2002 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:26 AM   #3
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

Hiya

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Old 08-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #4
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

What time am I avaliable, well with the time diffrence between here and the States I am on (during my day) in your early morning. I can be arround later but when you pratice at 10pm that might be very early am for me. I have a friend that lives in Washington state and 10pm there is 5 am here. I can be flexable and will make every effort but I do have a family that I have to take care of in the morning and I could be on later say 1am or so your time on the weekdays. The weekends more than likely not all depending when my 6 yearold wakes up.

As for what I need work on, attack/flag capture. I am not so good in that situation. I will continue to work on it though. I am playing on and off all day long and haven't found a favorite sever yet. I want to work with a team. I normally look for one with between 5 and 20 people in and go there. I haven't found any place special.

Thank you for giving me a chance. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

aTHZ*Xenocidez66
Old 08-14-2002, 08:33 PM   #5
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

WELCOME!

Ok Im going to say this once cuz Im sick of people coming in here and not following thru with their app.

1. MAKE SURE YOU GO THRU WITH YOUR APP., MAKE SURE THIS IS THE TEAM YOU WANT TO JOIN.

2. To get to know us better jump into the other topics and jabber away , and hang out in IRC and learn our bad sides . The better we get to know you the better for you in the end result .

3. Family/Real Life comes first to all of us and know that we all have families and things can get busy with them at times.

Who do you know here in Washington State? You never know we just might now them .

Im sure we can work out some play time sometime with ya to mess around and have a great time.

Jump into the conversions and have a great time here! I know we are .
Old 08-14-2002, 08:40 PM   #6
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

Don't mind STang, she is actually friendly sometimes.
If you don't have mirc, or ICQ better get it

www.mirc.com and then ask us how to find us and talk with us. We learn more about people from out of game chatting then ingame.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #7
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Just sometimes
Old 08-15-2002, 01:48 AM   #8
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Yes I have ICQ and my number is listed on my profile (I think. I know that I entered it). All though I am not an mIRC fan I will go and get the program and figure it out, so if some one will point me to the proper chanel I will lurk there when I am on line. I might be hard to reach in ICQ. I have just about all the security settings on max. I had someone hack my account and I recently got it back. Just message me and let me know who you are and I will be happy to reply or to athorize you.

As for the name of the guy I know in Washinton his name is Mike Schlect (i think thats how his last name is spelled) he lives in Tacoma. We met in Alaska while we both were in the Air Force. We are both civilians now and have gone our seprate ways but keep in touch through ICQ. We also play some games togeather when we are on line togeather mostly we just talk though.

As for wanting to join this team. Bluntly put. Hell Yes!!! Just the straight replies i have gotten are enough for me. Everyone is honest and straight forward and I like that. I will post on the forums then and keep things going. Mabey I will see you all on ICQ or something.

One more thing. Color me stupid but I am having a problem getting to the e-mail. It tells me I don't have ther right password. If someone could help me that would be great or mabey I missed some thing.

Take care.

Hail and Kill
Xenocide
Old 08-15-2002, 07:35 AM   #9
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Hehe nope, don't know ole Mike.

Holy smokes that is a low ICQ number

Yeah, your e-mail is not setup yet, it will be once you have made full THZ.

If you have mIRC installed, just click Chat With mIRC on the left column, it will log you into the correct server and room.

If you dont have mIRC just click Chat With jIRC and load the java applet, that will also log into our room.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 08-15-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:51 PM   #10
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Oh well that would explain why I can't get in. Makes sence I was just trying to check it to see if I had any messages.

Yeah I have had ICQ for a long time I think I got my number in 96 or 97. Check out my age as well, 32 that might give you a shock to.

I have already figured out the jIRC today go figure my mouth works be for I read the signs. Sorry for waisting you time.

Thanks for everything.

Xenocidez66
Old 08-17-2002, 08:23 AM   #11
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

NO Time wasted, really. Ya can add my Xenocide to your ICQ : 60014069

I'm on quite a bit, and I'm on and off on IRC.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Old 09-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #12
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Application closed, welcome to The Hounds of Zeus Xenocidez66.