The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele
Default Wisdom Frickin a$$ Teeth

I gotta get all 4 pulled on Dec 7th I hate Dentists...I get to be knocked out though...why are they called Wisdom Teeth? I think they should be called Stupid arse misery teeth
Old 11-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

I had all four taken out a couple years ago. I took general anasthesia too (impressively, it took 2 IV's AND gas to put me under): I did NOT want to be awake for that. Be warned: you WILL feel like crap for about a day, and you gums will bleed for a few hours afterwards. You'll also want to drink lots of water.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:51 PM   #4
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

I was thinking I might wanna drink lots of Alcohol
Old 11-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

well, if you WANT to mix codine and alcohol....
I found that the painkillers and a bag of ice worked well enough. I was actually up and about, feeling more or less myself only a couple days after the surgery. I'm sure you'll do as well.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

i get to have mine taken out this year too. I remember when SiFi had his done, and i halfways fondly remember holding him up when he was drugged off his gourd. fondly as in it was funny, but dude, you're damn heavy to someone 4/5 your size.

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
SiFi
Forum Regular

It's all that muscle

I was trying to walk, it just wasn't working.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:23 PM   #8
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

I had mine pulled while i was wide awake, you guys are lucky.. two shots... and teeth out.. major jaw bone removal for me too... nice
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Heh. I told them I wanted to do it awake. Then they just looked at me and put a mask over my face. I remember starting to yell at them before I was out.

But I woke up during the surgery. Scared the poo out of the surgeon too.

I had all four removed just to do them all at once. And they had to really cut back and deep into the bone to remove two of them. One came out pretty easily, and the fourth one didn't want to come out at all. They broke it up, then got some vise-grip pliers in there and twisted and pulled. That's when I woke up.

But because I woke up, I was groggy for about 2 hours afterwards. I couldn't walk either. And the pain killers were pretty good cause I got knocked out a day at a time from one of them. I think I slept the first three days because of the pain killers. Then I stopped taking them because I didn't want to sleep all the time. Frozen peas and corn are definitely your friends when you go through this!
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #10
XRogue
Forum wh0re

I got all 4 of mine out at once too. Knocked out, didn't wake up till afters thankfully. All of 'em came out pretty easy according to the doc, but I got a dry socket on one and had to go back every couple of days to get it repacked for awhile. On codeine for a slap month, thankyouverymuch, and had carrion breath for 2 weeks.

Occurs to me I shoulda quit the codeine and tried the whiskey. Good luck, Tim.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #11
Steele
Forum Regular

Dry Socket? carrion breath?

This does not sound good...what is it?

Quote:
and the fourth one didn't want to come out at all. They broke it up, then got some vise-grip pliers in there and twisted and pulled. That's when I woke up.
you guys are scarin' the hell outta me...I swear if I wake up during this I'm going to punch the Dentist

Quote:
I had mine pulled while i was wide awake, you guys are lucky.. two shots... and teeth out.. major jaw bone removal for me too... nice
WHAT!?! I think I'm gonna puke
Old 11-28-2004, 08:36 PM   #12
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

yeah, if they havn't broke the gum line yet, that have to dig it out of your jaw.. plus you'll get a hole in your gum line after.. and it's full of black and red goo.. real nasty.. but if you keep accidentally sucking the goo out, like lets say you use a straw, and it comes out you can get dry socket which is pretty painful and goes straight to the nerver that runs allong your jaw and goes up into your face.. OW.. Good luck buddy!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #13
Steele
Forum Regular

They've all broken the gum line...The Dentist actually wanted to pull them 4 years ago...but they did not hurt then and the Oral surgey sounded like somthing i did not want...then about 2 months ago I was chewing gum and one broke...now it's a cavity and hurts like hell...can't eat or drink real hot or cold stuff...

And when they took xrays he said they were impacted...i did not want to know what that meant but I figure it means more pain...thanks though for the encouraging words...

I hope I get to keep em when they are out...I'll put em under my pillow and wait for the tooth fairy...when he shows up I'm going to beat the hell outta him...
Old 11-29-2004, 07:31 AM   #14
XRogue
Forum wh0re

When the tooth gets pulled, the hole where it was gets a clot/scab thing over it, the black/red goo in question...if that scab falls off, it won't reform over the hole, leaving it unprotected. That is a dry socket, and it leaves the nerve exposed. Hurts like hell on toast.

Do NOT use a straw, or suck on the holes, or that is what will happen to you.

Carrion breath means I had this foul rotten taste/odor in my mouth for a week or ten days. Didn't matter how much I brushed, mouthwash, etc.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #15
Steele
Forum Regular

Oh...sigh...this is sounding more and more horrible...