The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > THZ* Applications > Completed/Inactive Applications
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2001, 08:55 PM   #1
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban
Talking Responding to Invite...

Hi guys and gals, Kaleban here. I've been playing T2 since it came out, and I highly enjoy it. I've been invited by Kitzune (incidentally, saw your post on the Applications forum over at DTM, very noble of you to go through the whole thing again) to join up on the T2 roster, and would love to become a part of the team.

I actually used to belong to a T1 tribe called Strategic Alliance, and although nice people, were more into their military organization than actual gameplay and fun. I've heard great things about the THZ clan, so I thought I'd accept Kitzune's invite and apply.

I hope I live up to the expectations you all have for me, and I think I'll have a lot of fun with ya'all.

See you on the battlefield!
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-06-2001, 09:19 PM   #2
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

Default Sweet

Yeah I am glad you decided to apply. WE would be lucky to have ya. You allready got my *vote* hehehe Hey guys this guys lots of fun lets welcome him to the fun THZ style
Old 05-06-2001, 09:54 PM   #3
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Kaleban... I've seen you in a some games so far and you've literally been kicking my ARSE! you're #1 on my killers list.. and it just won't go away!!!! I pride myself on being an excellent dueller and still... you keep knocking me down! I'll be in touch with you... your first vote will be on this upcoming saturday... Try to make it to our practice on wednesday at 6:30 PST. Click the Calander button on our menu to see other important dates... check back frequently.. the calander so far seems to get updated by the week...

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
Old 05-07-2001, 06:42 AM   #4
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Default 6:30 PST

That's 8:30 CST right? Should be no problemo.

Thanks for the votes of confidence, and I guess my "mad dueling skillz" are just more luck than anything else. I was routinely owned in T1, especially on Flag D, and towards the end of my time there I was getting better, though still nowhere near the "1337 cappers" types.

Since I've played T2 though, I've usually been at the top in scores and kills every game, and I don't know how or why...! It seems strange that my gameplay would have improved so dramatically in so short a time, so I'm concluding its either the different physics in the game (no Heavy skiing anymore... much) or just Lady Luck smiling down on me.

Anyways, sorry for all the "ya'alls", too much time living in Minneapolis I guess. When my rental contract is up at the end of next summer, I may end up moving to Hawaii, and that will be so SWEET! :-)

See you Wednesday!

P.S. What server does THZ routinely play on? My list doesn't show any THZ or The Hounds of Zeus server names...
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-07-2001, 11:24 AM   #5
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

We're in the process of obtaining a server... Or should I say we're thinking about getting one but currently we don't have the resources... However we do like to play on our allied servers... IE:

Dojo's Llama Farm
X-men Trout Pond
LoS Forge

For practice gather with us in our Tribes 2 Chat room... just go to room #THZ in chat and wait for the practice about 15 minutes before it begins.

Old 05-07-2001, 03:02 PM   #6
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Default Cool

I should be there on time, so see you all then.

One thing KitZune, did you draw your signature graphic, or are those drawings of some other artist? The Griffin looks neat, and the fox on the right looks like some anime I used to watch when I lived in Japan, but I forgot the name...
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-07-2001, 03:34 PM   #7
KitZune
Transgendered

Other artists... and the fox on the right is from an amature american artist, so I'm afraid you probably don't know her...

I have a picture of her and another fox-girl I think one looks like me and the other looks like my girlfriend, Kitty... If you want to see the pictures I used in full, I can arrange that.

Old 05-07-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Red face

lemme guess, Kit... You're the one on the right?
/me ducks...

Lub joo! Lub kitty too!

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Old 05-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #9
Chico

Default /me says...

vote *yes*! Kaleban has my sponser in DTM. If I was a THZ still Id vote YES in a heartbeat. Just mad we diddnt get to him first .

BTW..this is the first of MANY random apperances by me

Retired:
]?[[Chico]
Despot.enD
THZ*Chico
Old 05-09-2001, 08:44 AM   #10
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Cool My good deed this week...

Just curious, but the Endless, Hounds, and Lords seem like such a friendly bunch and play together so often, why not consolidate into one tribe? I'm not saying this because I really want Despot's vote ;-) , but you'd have a massive base of players and could really compete in multiple ladders and matches at the same time. And you'd also have a lot of consolidated webspace AND the programming/artistic talent of all 3 tribes to work with as well. Plus, other tribes would tremble at the mere thought of the new tribe, as we'd have so many arse-kicking players that all would ph34r our l33t skillz!!!

Plus, you could find more drinking buddies...
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-09-2001, 09:24 AM   #11
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

We did once discuss a merger with one of the other Tribes for quite some time last year, it was to hard to compromise on a medium that would not hurt our two tribes identities.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:01 PM   #12
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Default Glorious Parade of Practice...

Well, so much for my virtuoso performance, eh? :-)

I played for a while on the random server most of us ended up on, but lag was so bad that I actually froze up (the game, not me) for a while, so I got impatient with it and left after cycling through two more maps or so.

It was still fun playing with those who did show, and I hope we get to do it again real soon.

Is this Tribes 2 team ya'all are putting together actually going to compete, like in the OGL and other ladders? That would be cool...
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-10-2001, 05:01 PM   #13
King
Forum n00b

hehehehe...I don't show up to many T2 practices for one reason: I can't hit anything. I need a new vid card but my mother thinkd it's a waste of money and I don't have a job.

Good to see you on the forums I like you already
Old 05-14-2001, 01:57 PM   #14
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Cool I'be been away for a bit...

Which is why I didn't respond King. Don't worry about the no hitting anything part, I have 30 cheat programs you could use to hit every single target on the game with a blaster 1-hit-kill-through walls and landscape...

j/k rofl

Anyways, thanks for the compliments, I like everyone I've met so far. You're all laid back about the game (I hate it when people stress out on the pubs, I've started playing Bounty to get away from the immature pubers) which is cool, and you all enjoy the game rather than worry about your performance.

And in general, the people I've seen play so far from THZ are all pretty darn good, although Despot and Deef from the enDless own frequently and with a lot of skill.

When I wrote "pubers" I thought of Wayne's World... hehe.

See ya'all on the battlefield!
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old 05-15-2001, 12:43 PM   #15
Chico

One word:
t2autoaim.cs !!!

Retired:
]?[[Chico]
Despot.enD
THZ*Chico