The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele
Default THZ.....Kennels?

As many of you know I have a team of Sled dogs...and my name Steele comes from the 1st Malamute we got named...you guessed it...Steele...we now have 5 dogs and this January we are expecting a litter of puppies...Pam and I have been searching for a name for our Kennel for about a year now...we thought of Natapoc Kennels (Named after a local Mountain), Mountian Mist, Storm Chaser, and if we have the blessing of our founder BJ/Gryphon we are considering naming our kennel THZ*Kennels - Alalaskan Malamutes...we'd then name the pups after THZ members...THZ*Gryphon, THZ*Stang, THZ*Jester, and if we have a boy dog who is actually a girl Dog we'll do a THZ*Kitzune

wanted to share our Idea before we decide...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
PrincessAmy
Jester's Princess

I think that sounds great!
Old 12-11-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

I wanna a doggie named after me : D

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
KitZune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #4
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

That would be awesome!!
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #5
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Oh that would be soo cool! Thanks for considering it Tim . I wanna see pictures of them all and the puppies of course .

We might just have to make a trip up there to see the puppies . As I want a dog, black lab, badly .

Let us know what you do end up calling the kennel.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #6
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

I want a doggie named after me too.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #7
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Poopshoot?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #8
Stang
Team Captain

Old 12-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #9
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Poopchute doesn't have a good doggie ring to it.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:14 PM   #10
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

Poopchute fits

Cool I thought y'all maight think it was a dorky idea...We are leaning towards Naming the kennel after THZ...95% sure we've decided...

We are trying to get a business Lisence, Insurance, stuff like that...hopefully this will happen soon as we are hoping to start a dog sled ride buisness...the City of Leavenworth has allready asked us to give short little rides to tourists during the Christmas Tree lighting ans the Winter Ice Fest...with any luck next winter we'll be set up to give 2-3 hour rides in the back country

Ryan, do you think there would be a problem with naming our Kennel THZ seeing as how THZ LLC is your company? I don't want to get in trouble with copyrighted names and stuff...

We'll only keep two of the Pups...the rest we will sell ($500-$1000 each)...later this summer/fall we'll try for another litter and hopefully keep one of those...the 1st three pups we'd keep would be named Gryphon, Stang, and Jester...Down the road we'll do a Kit and Poopchute and other THZers too One day you may even see us in the Iditarod
Old 12-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #11
Stang
Team Captain

Wow that is pretty cool you guys sure have thought about this I see . Sounds like a lot of fun and to have the backing of the city is nice.

So the kennel would be called THZ Kennels? Or how would ya put it? Just curious .
Old 12-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #12
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

The company I started is Gryphon, LLC, THZ isn't trademarked or anything accept maybe intelectual property however that works. The logo however is a Trademark of Gryphon, LLC. If you call it THZ I don't see any problem with that at all. I don't think Trademark issues are a problem unless the owner of the trademark has issues with it. Nobody else could say anything about it.

I think it would be really cool

$1000 bucks a pup, should be plenty of cash to play PlanetSide
Old 12-12-2003, 04:00 PM   #13
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable
Default Pick your brain

How big do Alaskan Malamutes get?

I ask because my wife wants a dog substantially smaller than Hugo (our 10 month old English Mastiff) that she can cuddle and play with and not...well...be killed. Hugo is a sweety, but weighing in at 175 he'll be giving me a run for my money shortly. He thinks he's a lap dog too. I know I could easily get raw information from any number of websites but I'd like to get your opinion of them as well. Good 'n cuddly? Get along with other dogs? Good with the kids? That sort of thing.

And your naming idea is cute, but you may not want to have a THZ*Variable. He could end up growing up to be a half skeletal cyborg, and I think the AKC frowns on those.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #14
Steele
Forum Regular

We'd call it THZ* Kennels- Alaskan Malamute Sled Dog Adventures.

There are hundreds of Kennels out there one is even called Gryphon Malamutes...On Sled dog Races we attend we'd enter the Team as "The Hounds of Zeus" Otherwise we'd go by THZ for short.

I may be in Planetside if this thing takes off...Gotta lot into it allready I'd say all together close to 10K

Mals tend to be anywhere from 75lbs on up to as big as 190lbs...

We are breeding to get closer to the 75-100lb range...that way they are better suited for pulling Sleds over many many miles...right now we are only doing 10-20 mile runs cuz we have a Prego dog...next year when we have a full 7 dog team we'll do 30-50 miles 3-4 days per week...

Mals get along good with Kids...just gotta watch the kids...Mals are big and strong and often can hurt kids by knocking them over om accident...they also can be dog aggressive...you gotta watch that...with all the dog fights I've had to deal with I could practically be a vet tec...last time Steele and Jazz got into a fight I had to tell the vet tec what to do...I'll post more later...gotta run

Peace!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #15
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Sounds good Tim