The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #1
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit
Default Political - Clinton bashing

From my inbox.
Note that while I think MS should be reigned in, when you put it in the perspective of that next to last paragraph...
Anyway, I found it interesting and thought I'd post it here since we seem to be waxing political lately.

-------------------------------
Subject: history
Remember History

A little political review---time to think & remember!!

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000, President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors, Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive today.

AN INTERESTING QUESTION: This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question. There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why is it that the Clinton Administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the past eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT! It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath!

Sincerely,
Cdr Hamilton McWhorter USN(ret)

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:27 AM   #2
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

That is all too true, and very sad. But little willy never had the cajones to do anything militarily. Hilary pretty much ran the show, I think, and Willy was just a talking head for those 8 long years.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:48 AM   #3
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

I agree so true! And kinda scary when you look back at the events.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:11 PM   #4
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

Funny that, in the State of the Union adress tonight, Bush Specifically mentioned capturing those responsible for those terrorist acts above. So it could be done, just goes to show what kind of S H I T T Y president Clinton was.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #5
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Well, at least Hillary could budget the money...
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #6
Stang
Team Captain

See what happens when she didnt help him .

They have moved on from helping those fight the terrorists they are on Iraq now. The need to work on one thing. You never hear much about those fighting in Afghanistan anymore, Sad.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:57 AM   #7
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

I saw the Democratic response last night, given by the Governor of Washington state.

I noticed he criticized a number of Bush's plans to stimulate the economy (tax cuts, etc) as too expensive and creating deficit.

Then he criticized Bush for not helping out those who need it - when quite a bit of the money has gone to NY to help recover from the attacks, even though it helped to create deficit (see #1)

Then he criticized Bush for not spending a huge chunk o' money on border security, though doing so would obviously "create deficit" (see point #1)

And somewhere in there he tried to lay the blame for the various states' budget shortfalls on Bush economics. When did the Feds become responsible for the state budgets? Anyone remember the various historical issues between states' rights and federalism?

He also said something in there about how we needed tax cuts. See #1 again... Sheesh.

Not to say I agreed with everything Bush said, either. For instance, I don't feel terribly "secure" when the feds get more like Big Brother every day.

I hate politics.

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:08 AM   #8
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

Don't blame me I voted Republican. And he still got re-elected.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:48 AM   #9
Stang
Team Captain

I hate when politicans make all these promises and then never follow thru on them. Dont make any if your not going to do any of them. They do it just to make themselves look good. We elected these people to work for us and thats not being done.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:20 PM   #10
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

The one thing about governments in general that I've learned//discovered over the last few years is that governments are great.... until you throw in people. Then everything goes to hell.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote