The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2001, 10:49 AM   #1
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Default Important Theme Night Info **read**

Greetings, and welcome to another post of DTM Theme Night Spam.

This post serves a couple of purposes. One, to make an organized method of getting Theme Nights in order, and two, to get the basic availability of everyone.

Getting Theme Nights in Order:

I’m going to make a new method of posting Theme Nights. The new practice will be to post the Theme Night two weeks (at least) in advance.

For the first week, starting from the date the TN was posted, I’d like you all to e-mail me and let me know if you are going to attend. After one week, I’ll tally up the e-mails and figure out the best date to have the Theme Night. I will have you put a different subject in the e-mail every week (I’ll see if I can’t make a mailto: link to do that automagically for you) so that I can filter the messages appropriately.

For the second week, the post will be modified with the finalized date and time, and left up on the boards for everyone to see. The date and time will not change after the first week, though, so if you want to have a say on when the TN will be, post during the first week.

If there any conflicts in availability between those that posted during the first week, the majority will win. However, if the same group of people (and the same conflict) show up for a later Theme Night, I’ll try to schedule it so the group that missed out last time gets a chance. I will try to be as fair about this as I can, but I can guarantee that I will muck this up at some point, so try not to get too mad.

Getting Everyone’s Availability:

To best schedule Theme Nights, I’m going to need everyone’s availability on hand. This doesn’t have to be a day-by-day, super detailed account of your time, but something fairly general that applies to you most of the time.

For example, my availability is as follows:

Weekends: Any time, day or night.
Weekdays: Any time after 6:30 PM, except Wednesdays and Mondays.

My availability does change from this sometimes, but for the most part, it fits my schedule well. This is the kind of thing I’m looking for.

I want a general availability because trying to schedule for everyone’s exact, down-to-the-minute schedule would drive me bonkers, and insane mantis warriors tend to get very, very cranky.

I would like you to e-mail me with your availability. Send the mail to ambushbugdtm@earthlink.net, and please put the words “Theme Night” in the subject line so I can easily filter the messages into their own mailbox. If you don’t, there’s a good chance I’ll miss out on your message.

Bug, why are you doing this?

Theme Nights and our random get-togethers are what, IMO, made DTM such a good thing for the public server community. I feel we haven’t been getting out enough as a group, and I want to make sure that when we do schedule a get-together, we’ll have enough people out there to really show everyone what DTM is all about.

Miscellaneous:

Server Operators, I could use your help. To do Theme Nights with any hope of success, we will need servers to use. If you run a server, or if you don’t run a server and know someone that does, let me know via e-mail.

Also, after this Car Wars night this Saturday, I’m going to take a small break from scheduling. The reason is that I’m in the middle of a move, and I have a new place to get set up and organized. I should be back up to speed and ready to schedule things in a couple of weeks, though. I will use the down-time to process all of the e-mails I get on availability.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at the above address and ask away.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:04 AM   #2
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

And now I feel like a boob. I forgot one thing... When you e-mail me, be sure to include your timezone!.

Doh.
Old 05-30-2001, 04:29 PM   #3
Maz
Forum wh0re

Thanks for taking it into consideration AB
Old 05-30-2001, 09:52 PM   #4
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

No problem, Maz. I needed to set up something like this, and you provided me with the perfect kick in the ass to make me do it. Much obliged.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:06 AM   #5
Maz
Forum wh0re

Not a problem, glad to kick your ass for once