The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2003, 12:43 PM   #1
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable
Default I'm SO old...

Well about a month ago Kristin says to me "We're gonna need something bigger than your Dodge if we ever have more kids." So we get to shopping around and to make a long story short we bought a new vehicle today.

What does that have to do with the topic you ask? Well I'll tell you. I'm 20. My wife is 22. We now own a freaking minivan. We went out looking at SUVs and whatnot and this dealer we went to had this on the lot. We argued with ourselves for a while but we couldn't come up with a decent reason for why it wasn't the perfect car for us. So I sucked up my pride and signed the deal for a minivan.

So a warning to all young husbands/future fathers out there: you feel like crap buying a minivan, and yes, you do have to hang your head in shame...but they are rediculously cool. I'm serious. My friend across the street (also a Marine) gave me trash at first, but he jumped in and thought it was cool enough that he took his wife shopping at the same dealership. It's like a friggin space shuttle in there. And we got a really awesome deal on the van/trade in.

Anyway...just thought I should share my shame with you all. It helps me cope with it.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

AHHH DONT SAY ITS SOOOOOO!!! YOU'VE BEEN SUCKED IN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Me and Gryphon have talked about minivans and we know for sure we will NEVER get one. Nothing against you that have them they just are not the car for us at all. I've driven in them and just don't do it for me enough to buy one. We will be gettin a SUV that can haul a family .

Windstars do look pretty good for a minivan though but Ill never get one .

Hope you have fun in your new minivan and the kids to come to fill it
Old 08-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

OMG I am so embarrassed for you. Never Never will I get a mini-van!

At least you got a Ford, that is some redemption.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #4
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Just dont do this PLEASE!! Dont get in the carpool lane or the fast lane and do the minium speed limit. So many minivans do that up here.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #5
Variable
Forum Regular

Stupid double posts.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.

Last edited by Variable; 08-18-2003 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #6
Variable
Forum Regular

Jackass, I'm still a 20 year old hot headed Marine. What could possibly posses me to drive anywhere NEAR the speed limit?

Aside from Police. And accidents. And Dragons.

Besides. this thing has a 3.8 liter engine, which is similar (if not bigger, can't recall) to my Dodge. And my Dodge outpaced a Mustang one day. Wonder if the van can. I'll have to check on that.

Old 08-18-2003, 02:40 PM   #7
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

I stand by Minivans... They're wicked cool, and I know I can beat Honda Civics up my hill with the van's pickup (99 civics vs 93 plymouth voyager).

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #8
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

My parents had a Dodge Caravan, two of them in fact, and let me tell you from personal experience, they are nice vehicles.

If anyone ever buys one, get the one with the 6-cylinder engine--the 4-banger doesn't have enough power to run the A/C and keep up good cruising speed when loaded down with people. (Good cruising speed == 75)

The two we had served us very, very well, and they were great vehicles to learn to drive on.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote