The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #46
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

Yeah Jessica will be my first name.... without a doubt.... although I've been thinking about it a lot and I"m not sure what to do with my middle names... because like most people my middle names are in honour of people in my family. Because right now my name is Jeffrey William Joseph Missen.... William and Joseph are BOTH names that don't translate to female very well, so I don't know if I can keep them like that at all... so that much is a tough choice... I thought about naming myself after my grandmother instead, but that would give me the same middle name as one of my closer friends, and I wouldn't want her to think I'm copying her ; )

She's named after Judas... Not a CARROT

Click here to view my artwork
KitZune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:43 PM   #47
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Brianna Kenzie?

OK, OK, that was evil of me. I'll shut up now.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #48
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Tell me about it Laurelin .

I have the middle name Lynn and a couple of my friends have it too. But I guess it depends if its common like Lynn. If you really like it just do it . Or just be like the rest of us and use LYNN .
Old 07-04-2003, 08:55 AM   #49
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

If I ever go through with my desire to be a woman, my name would probably be Laura, or maybe even Laurelin. My middle name would more than likely be Gwen.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 12:29 PM   #50
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

That's funny because it reminds me of a dream that I had.

See, my friends call me Matt. Actually, most everyone I know calls me Matt except for family.

So I had this dream a while back, and in the dream I was being interrogated (weird dream, don't ask). Anyways, it wasn't torture or anything like that. There were these guys that sat me down and started asking me questions. I answered them truthfully, without hesitation. Until they asked, "What do you call yourself?"

I thought they meant what kind of person did I think I was. But they were asking how I referred to myself in my own thoughts. It was strange because I said 'Matthew' without really thinking about it. But at the same time I said it, I had an epiphany... I really do think of myself as 'Matthew'. I'm not sure that I am conveying how deep this went for me... but it just seemed that I finally knew myself.

That probably doesn't sound like much... but for me, it was one of those earth-shattering, life-changing events that you could feel.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #51
KitZune
Transgendered

Send a message via ICQ to KitZune Send a message via AIM to KitZune Send a message via MSN to KitZune

I know exactly what you mean Asha... My entire life my name has been a burden to me... Jeff... William... Joseph.... three VERY male names... they've bitten right down to my core sometimes... and it's gotten to the point where I cringe when someone calls me by those names... I don't associate with them... so if I were asked that question in the same dream you had, my name would be, without hesitation, Jessica. It's a name I've attached myself with long before puberty even... it expresses who I really am. But since it's not acceptable to call a GUY Jessica... I decided to try to make people refer to me by a nickname I could live with... That's where "Fox" came into play... I insisted that friends and family try to call me Fox as often as they could... it's a unisex name and it associates me with my favourite animal in the whole world KitZune came about because Fox was far too common on the internet and I was never getting called it because of my clan tags... I had two at the time and my name looked like this [DTM]Fox[AnTiP] So you can imagine that I got called DTM a lot, and I got called AnTiP a lot... but NEVER was I being called Fox... so I translated Fox into a bunch of different languages and chose one
French = Renard (Errr male name, once again) Spanish = Zorro (overused) German = Der Fuchs (Cool, but I don't like german much...) and finally, Japanese = Kitsune... so I haxorized it by spinning the s around into a z and KitZune was born... now I try to make everyone I know call me KitZune... or at least KitZ.

Maybe I'm living in a fantasy world, but I can associate with this name better... and until I'm ALLOWED to be called Jessica it will be my name.

Don't know why I felt like recanting this story since it has little to no relevance on anything... but there you have it... That's the end.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:08 AM   #52
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

Nice... Yeah, I must admit, I can see it... I guess i just call you Jeff out of habit. Did you want me to stop, since I see you like a gazillion times every week. I definitely call myself Laurelin when I'm by myself, but that's also a very personal thing... I don't know if I'd want people calling me Laurelin until I have a body to suit the name, ne? I think I'd like it, but at the same time I know it would be awkward, especially because of the fantasy-esqueness of it. I almost wish Galadriel wasn't a Tolkien character so I could have that name... it's so pretty
But yeah... I also associate with that feeling (to sum up this rather strange post).

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:35 AM   #53
Walks on Clouds
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Walks on Clouds

Did you know that I once introduced myself as "Anna's girlfriend"? This person still remembers me because of that.

Did you also know that there is another person whose most prominent memory of me is the fact that I taught her the meaning of "masturbation"? (In the most Platonian meaning imaginable, I must add, reading through this post, seeing as it might be misunderstood... )
Old 07-08-2003, 01:01 PM   #54
KitZune
Transgendered

I usually teach people the more common use of the word masturbation : D

And Laur you can call me what you want... but I hate being called Jeff... it's not a fantasy thing to me to be called KitZ or KitZune... I dunno if you notice but the people I"ve been meeting lately... Other Jeff, Ty, N-chan's bro, I've been telling them all just to call me KitZ ; ) Indulging my fantasy would be people calling me Jessica... KitZune is my compromise name for the time being... it's gender neutral, and I like it much better.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #55
Stang
Team Captain

When do our topics ever stay on topic in these forums . And it didnt go off topic we are still talking about names, we just broadened it .
Old 07-16-2003, 08:17 AM   #56
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Heh. I answer to 'Bug' in real life. I don't think anybody used my real name at the last XMEN LAN, even though it was known.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #57
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

When I went paintballing with Dawg.enD, his girlfriend (now his wife), and 999Ping[DTM], Dawg was calling me "Asha".

It was hilarious...

We were playing capture the flag. Dawg called out "I'll defend our flag!".

Then I said, "I'll deploy turrets!"

And everyone laughed. Even the ones that didn't know the joke.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #58
Stang
Team Captain

Gryphon never calls me by my name and when he does it just sounds so weird .
Old 07-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #59
XRogue
Forum wh0re

So how do you know if he says the right name during sex, Stang?
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:50 PM   #60
Stang
Team Captain

Hes only got one name for me .