The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
witakr

Send a message via AIM to witakr Send a message via Yahoo to witakr
Default Hey

Hey.. No news.. just letting yall know im still alive.. I just haven’t been able to play t2 or post much in the last couple weeks.. im out of town and this isn’t my computer and I don’t like spending a lot of time on it... besides.. its only a 56k .. Here’s a topic: The ongoing anti terrorist efforts taking place in afganyland.. Is it a waste of time or are their efforts not in vain?.. Discuss amongst your selves. I'm feeling veclempted... ...Ok i am watching too much SNL... later

The highscore doesn't save so I wouldn't bother with it.
witakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:37 PM   #2
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Thanks for the update witakr.

A: Efforts not in vain.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:25 AM   #3
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

Efforts *very* much in vain.... Who are they chasing after again? No, the Afghanistan campaign is just a foothold against Iraq, when they finally decide that it's time to ignore what the rest of the world is saying.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:27 AM   #4
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

hehe, Canadians are such isolationist's.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:52 AM   #5
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

We are... I don't deny that. But really... Does the US need to launch a major war to get rid of "storehoused weapons of mass-destruction"? I don't think so... that just gives Saddam an excuse to use them. With all the resources the US has, it could launch a huge SS attack and begin the inner desintegration of Iraq if they so pleased. (And who knows, maybe that's underway....) This second Gulf War is just a legacy project... a way for the States to flex their military might and "make the world further indebted to the awe-insiring might of the world's greatest nation." Not to mention son mopping up for father's spill.

Old 09-15-2002, 10:15 AM   #6
Cerberus
One bad mofo'n Hound

The last part is probably more true than you think. We really did, (although at the beshest of the UN) leave things unfinished in Iraq. So frankly, the regime just needs to be removed. I would prefer an assasination, but since the sixties there is an executive order forbiding the CIA to assasinate world leaders. So we have to do it the old fasion way. War. No biggie really we would be in and out in about 6 months, problem is the stabalization force which is why we want/need world support becuase we are willing to Free Iraq by ourselves, but we don't want to have to keep it that way alone. Becuase that is what we are talking about here. Freeing oppressed people who have no idea what is REally going on in their own country or the world. One of the benefits of a free press in our country. They don't have that and get only Government news. blah blah blahb a////////
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:30 AM   #7
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Hey Witakr

I was just asking Gryphon if hes heard from you . Good to see ya around.

Hmmm Im so tired of this subject. Wish we could go in and just assinate the bastard, lets make an acception , I mean look at what hes doing to his own people and what Saddam did to his people. Nobody should have to live like that. I agree with you both so I guess Im in the middle. I think if we go in that will just let him use his weapons but freeing people too is an upside.

Im glad we live where we can express ourselves freely .
Old 09-15-2002, 11:58 PM   #8
lynxbat
Forum n00b

Send a message via ICQ to lynxbat Send a message via Yahoo to lynxbat

well.....the US government still does assisinations but only in black operations on lower profile targets. The problem with that 1960's law is that we sometimes have to declare all out war to bring down a threat. This leads to civ. casualties. So which is better? If you have to take him out, do it by stealth or do it by force? Which is better for us and which is better for Iraq?

lynxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 01:31 AM   #9
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66

Personaly I think we shoul "Nuke 'em till they glow and use their babies as runway lights" but there is always that fallout thing to worrie about. To bad.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:34 AM   #10
XRogue
Forum wh0re

If Saddam wants to use that stuff, Laur, he will find a lesser excuse than war with the US if he has to. Anyone who would use his own people to test chemical agents is not someone I personally want in power.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 03:14 AM   #11
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Saddam will not use his weapons until the US hits him first... trust me. If he uses them first, the world will turn against him... (and if he had nukes, he would've used them a long time past). Look at the economy generated between Iraq and Russia, or Iraq and other asian nations... The whole world doesn't bear a grudge against Iraq... I understand it's the person in power, but people have a natural life span... and there are many more options available to antagonists of Iraq than simply declaring war and seeing what shiny toys Saddam had piled up (simply because I refuse to believe that Bush has all this secret intelligence information, and that it's completely accurate... It's like offering someone a car tomorrow for their $1000 today). War is *NEVER* the answer.... it's just what humanity often sees as the last resort.

Old 09-17-2002, 05:03 AM   #12
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Nonsense, of course he is willing to use his weapons first if he sees any advantage to doing so. The last time, he waited to use them and it got him absolutely nowhere.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:38 AM   #13
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

War is an aceptable answer. It is a political action, every bit as much as diplomacy is. Problem with diplomacy, tho, is that the real truth never seems to come out. War is a lasting, final reminder, and often the best way to remove someone from power.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #14
Xenocidez66
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Xenocidez66

There is very little that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:42 AM   #15
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote