The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM
Default What the hell?

What the hell defines emotional maturity? I guess I'm kind of rough with people sometimes, but I've never thought I was immature about my emotions.

Am I missing something here?

I don't know if I am confused or ignorant.

How the hell do you look at someone (and you know them), and say that they are not emotionally mature?

WTF?!!?!!?!!
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #2
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Immature about emotions, Never heard that before. Didnt know you could be emotionally immature.

What happened for someone to say that to you?
Old 06-17-2002, 01:03 PM   #3
XRogue
Forum wh0re

I know some ppl that are like that. But I've never said that bout ppl I hadn't known (and well, all but one are people I have lived in the same house with.) for at least five years.

Mostly in those cases I've called it emotional immaturity because the person in question has been entirely selfish, or stupid/wilfully blind about their own motivations or other peoples', or just plain stunted emotionally. I have to say, I don't think that's you, Ash.

Why would someone say this to you? Were they just speaking off the cuff, or what?
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

I don't know.

I was in a discussion with a friend (who is a girl...but just a friend). I don't recall exactly how we got on that topic, but I did not start it. And I was the first subject of the discussion of that topic.

I was totally confused, because I don't think that is true about me at all. I am hoping that this is a case of misunderstanding, like they have the wrong impression of me or something, because I don't think it's true.

I'm just left wondering 'what the hell?' Know what I mean?
Old 06-17-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
Jode
Whoopiteedoo!

So does she mean you are supposed to be super nicey nice to everyone so as not to hurt their feelings? C'mon, we are adults! I don't think you run around going "liar liar pants on fire" anymore but we can all joke and poke fun at each other without be 'emotionally immature'. Don't cha think?
Old 06-17-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
THZDax
Forum Regular

Well i am not a expert in Phycology ... But, there is such a thing as Emotionaly Imature.

For exsample. When i was in 3rd Grade. i made As and Bs all threw 3rd Grade. But because of How i was raised with out a Dad and the situation in wich i lived in section 8 houseing and a TON of other things i had Mecanisims for Hideing Fear and other Imotions. For instance when ever i was Afrade or UNcomfortable talking to some one or something like that i Started to use a "BabyTalk" voice in which i sounded Really young. ( When you are young you can easily get out of things that are "Scary" by Avoiding the point) Anyways they held me back in 3rd Grade for Being "EMOTIONALY IMATURE"

Basicaly its Using a Mechanism that takes Either your mind or topic off of you (in a way that protects your emotions) and diverts it to a more comfortable situation. if that makes any sence....

Like i said i am not an expert but i do know somethings about phycology.

Last edited by THZDax; 06-17-2002 at 05:51 PM.
THZDax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 05:52 PM   #7
THZDax
Forum Regular

I have edited this several times (6 times) since post Check to see if your reading the Most current by Checking the post times and stuff.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:38 PM   #8
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

She did say something about sensitivity and other people's feelings. She did say that if I met a person that I found out was gay I would freak out and just go nuts. WTH??
I told her she had no clue what the hell she was talking about. I don't really care what someone's sexual orientation is. I DO care about what kind of person they are, and THAT is the deciding factor in whether I will hang out with them or not. Then I started to get mad, when she was trying to tell me how I think.

It's just that I was confused about the whole immaturity thing. Yeah, sometimes I act like a little kid (playing video games and such, or pulling pranks off), but emotional maturity? I'm still kind of in a state of, WTH??
Old 06-17-2002, 11:07 PM   #9
THZDax
Forum Regular

Playing Games and Such is not Emotionally Imature its just young at heart....

from what i can tell your not "EMOTIONALLY IMATURE" and from just what you said she said. it sounds more like Self absorbed... But my Question to you and every one else is

who isnt at least a little self absorbed ?

i know i am .... If i did not exsist the world as i know it would not be the same there for the world does.... At least in some way revolve arround me... am i wrong ?

the thing though is that you can be "self absorbed" (like me) and still have fealings for and respect for other people. and have fealings there self.

does that make sence? If not let me know i will try to reevaluate the way i think.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:24 PM   #10
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

I just think this girl doesnt know you at all, the real you.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #11
THZDax
Forum Regular

Yeah !! totally agree...
Old 06-18-2002, 07:55 AM   #12
Sledgehammer
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sledgehammer Send a message via Yahoo to Sledgehammer

Just remmember its not just about acking young but how you react... I was told the same things years ago, hmm, probibly about your age.. It was in regard to how I acted in certain situtations where I got angry... Buy being unable to keep in in check so to speak. Just had to learn how to deal with things with going off the handle Now whether this is was she meant, I don't know Thats just what I was told about me
Old 06-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #13
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Emotionally immature people sometimes fly off the handle for no reason, yes, but that is just ONE characteristic of many. I don't think having one symptom means you have the condition, and it's iffy you even have the symptom. So I think she just doesn't know you well, or is maybe playing a mind game. That's her problem, not yours.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:33 AM   #14
Sledgehammer
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sledgehammer Send a message via Yahoo to Sledgehammer

Well no doubt ASHA has a few problems Mainly cleanliness He's single no woman to dress him and such
Old 06-19-2002, 05:57 AM   #15
Spinning Hat
Toupee Cover

Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

ROFL.... Emotional Immaturity huh? I can't say I've ever been told that to my face, but I'm sure I've been called that. Even So, I don't think it truly applies to you, or anyone who is part of our family here. I used to throw tantrums when I was younger, but I got help, and now, it takes much more for me to fly off the handle. Like today for instance, I had a meeting with management, and I could have made a huge scene, but chose to leave instead... Even tho the meeting didn't go my way, I know that I could walk back into that office with dignity in knowing that I didn't make an ass out of myself.

Enough about me- Asha, don't worry about it. If she has issues with your maturity level, let her. No need to go crazy trying to figure her problems out, because she thinks you're immature in some way. Given time, she may get to know you better, and see that you are not the person she has made you out to be.

Never, Never, Never Quit -Winston Churchill
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote