The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi
Default Someone in the CIA Hates me!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not after you! 0_0

This post though, deals with Red Orcestra, a UT2K4 mod that Kitz, Laur, Raiyven and I have been playing for some time now. In particular, it deals with a clan based around the game, called Comrades in Arms, or CIA. They run a really good server, no lag, good players, minimal bitching and spawncamping, etc. Today/yesterday/1:49AM on friday 19, I was kicked an banned from the server, and I don't know why. I don't think I was TKing anyone, or being very much of a bastard.

I'm registering on the forums for the sole purpose of finding out why I was banned from the server. If it turns out I deserved it, then we'll just have to play somewhere else.

I'm posting here in the faint hope that one of you guys will know someone from the clan, and would perhaps be able to dicreetly inquire into the matter, though only if doing so wouldn't put yourself at risk.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Cheater!
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
Gambit
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to Gambit Send a message via AIM to Gambit Send a message via Yahoo to Gambit

a1|\/|B0t !!

Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained.
-The Tao of Programming
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
SiFi
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to SiFi Send a message via AIM to SiFi Send a message via MSN to SiFi

I don't need an aimbot to hit people. Just ask Kitz, the first time he saw me sniping in Tribes

In any case, it was a misunderstanding. Someone was destroying our tanks whenever we spawned and somehow they got the impresssion that it was me. It was only supposed to be a one day ban, so on monday (im home from university for the weekend) I'll be back to RO'ing and EQ2'ing with a vengance.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:28 PM   #5
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

it's unfortunate that it happened =/ i agree with SiFi, the CIA server IS a good place to game. low lag, and they always run the TK software that'll allow the server population to truncate the idiots that show up.

if they dont let you on, we can find somewhere else to game. mebbe THZ should have a server?

not run by me or SiFi though. i think our routers have some biblical hatred for each other, beyond the grave style. Seriously.

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #6
SiFi
Forum Regular

Yeah, it's all fixed up right now. I'm looking forwards to getting back online on monday. Every time I come home, no matter how much I enjoy it, it makes me realize that I've become addicted to my computer.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:30 AM   #7
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

I'm almost lvl 18

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote