The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > General > Main Forum
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2001, 08:28 PM   #1
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

Default Official Tribes 2 Central Download Site

Right Here http://www.tribes2centraldownload.com/

You will be able to download the next patch here tomorrow prior to its release. It will be a beta patch.

DavG - The net code had to be revved in order to fix some issues. Thus, the folks running the BETA patch will only be able to play on servers that are also running the BETA patch.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 06-18-2001 at 08:37 PM.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:07 AM   #2
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Talking

Gryphon, you are da bomb. I just got another email back from sierra telling me to reinstall my opengl drivers...

I went to check the site too early... I will try later today!

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead

Last edited by Aluscia; 06-19-2001 at 03:29 AM.
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:25 AM   #3
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Talking

Actually, I'd like to take a second to recind my nasty comments about Sierra. While they DO release unplayable patches, they also have one of the most kickass tech support teams of all time.. I even got 2 responses done in 1 day! It's incredible... none of this 3 day waiting line for Blizzard, or non-existant help with hasbro... I'm just so entirely impressed... Now, I hope they solved my problems.

Old 06-21-2001, 05:56 AM   #4
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

The beta patch is up at http://www.tribes2centraldownload.com , I will most likely be testing it when I get home. There is a reverse patch to return from beta. Laur, make sure you backup if you try it

- (bug fix) Fixed a problem with the ELF gun effect that was causing hangs.

- (bug fix) The "flag jumping" bug is now fixed. When a flag lands after being dropped, it will stay put when it slides to rest.

- (bug fix) Vehicles and deployables now properly explode if they are destroyed while someone is repairing them.

- (bug fix) Sniper laser shots no longer create water splash effects if hitting ground near the water.

- (bug fix) Immersion iForce force feedback mouse is now working properly again.

- (bug fix) Fixed a situation where closing tribe or player tags on the Browser out of order would cause a disconnect with the database server.

- (bug fix) Players can no longer fire, place mines, place grenades, or place beacons when inside a force field.

- (bug fix) Fixed bug where modifier keys (specifically SHIFT) bound to actions in the game would still cause those actions when typing in a text edit control in-game (such as the chat entry)

- (bug fix) Fixed a bug that could cause a player to drop to desktop when attempting to join a game which was in the process of cycling missions.

- (bug fix) Fixed a Radeon video card issue which could occur if the desktop color bit-depth was different than the color bit-depth that the player was using in the game.

- (bug fix) You won't try to fade into a vehicle that was destroyed after you purchased it, but before you had actually teleported to the seat.

- (bug fix) Minor change in the MPB explosion so that the turret part of the MPB doesn't seem to hover in place for a split-second during the explosion.

- (bug fix) Bomber bombs now tumble properly and won't seem to disappear when falling.

- (bug fix) Fixed a rare problem that could cause a client crash while the server is resetting.

- (improvement) The "redjack" icon has been removed and new network throughput graphs have been implemented to better help players troubleshoot their net settings. (additional details in text file)

- (improvement) The pure server concept is now implemented. (additional details in text file)

- (improvement) Old Password is now required in order to enter a New Password when editing your account.

- (improvement) Password handling is different now in order to make it more difficult for people to casually find a password on a hard drive.

- (improvement) Made more room for player names to display on the Server Info box.

- (improvement) Bomber and Tank now have separate energy capacitors for their turret weapons. This energy pool is completely separate from the energy pool that the thrusters and force shields use. (Gunner energy is displayed as a second bar below the regular vehicle energy and is orangish in color.)

- (improvement) Vertical thrusters on air vehicles are now more efficient to enable better takeoffs from ground level.

- (improvement) Changed team damage OFF to include friendly turret fire and vehicle fire. (In other words, if Team Damage is OFF, then turrets fire and vehicle fire will not affect friendly units.)

- (improvement) Splash damage no longer falls off so dramatically with distance. You will find that area effect (explosion) weapons now are more effective within their damage area.

- (improvement) While in Tournament mode, and while in observer mode at the beginning of a match (before teams have been selected), players will now be able to chat with one another.

- (community) Player histories are now accurate.

- (community) Preferences in the FORUMs should be fixed now so that they stay in existence. The sort is the only exception. That will reformat each time you enter the FORUM and you will need to select whichever sort your prefer at that time.

- (community) The "Not Shown" labels that were on the Warrior page are now showing the correct information.

Known issues. These are issues that we already know about and/or have fixed in newer revisions.

There are still some minor issues with the flag jumping, but it is 95% fixed. We are looking into those minor instances now.
Bomber - The bombs, once triggered, will fire until all energy is depleted. THIS IS A BUG...not a gameplay change. This is already fixed for the "official" patch.
The in-game network indicator does not always function properly in this build. We have already fixed it, but you may experience flaky performance (graph lines not appearing, bars not working properly). Also, you must go into your SETTINGS/CONTROLS menu and actually set a key binding for the network graphs (the very last item in the list) in order to make it work at all. Try it out and let us know how it works. (Most of the time, if you just turn it on, it will activate properly after a few minutes into a game and will work thereafter.)
One item in addition to the Pure Server description...a "pure" server can ONLY be a DEDICATED server. You may not run a "listen" server as a "pure" server. (In other words, if you aren't running as a DEDICATED server, the game will not show up as type "base".)
The "Not Shown" labels were indicated as fixed on the Warrior Page. They are not fixed yet.
Custom maps downloaded from the Tribes 2 Download Central and others causes a UE when a client without that map attempts to join.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:04 AM   #5
Ghryphen
THZ Founder

I like these

- (improvement) Splash damage no longer falls off so dramatically with distance. You will find that area effect (explosion) weapons now are more effective within their damage area.

Hopefully it will be more like Tribes 1, I keep landing disks near the enemie that would have damaged them in Tribes 1 yet no damage occured in T2.

- (bug fix) Players can no longer fire, place mines, place grenades, or place beacons when inside a force field.

No more snipers half through the shields.

- (improvement) While in Tournament mode, and while in observer mode at the beginning of a match (before teams have been selected), players will now be able to chat with one another.

This fixes the observer to team chat?
Old 06-21-2001, 12:52 PM   #6
Chico

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon

This fixes the observer to team chat?
If you have ever played in tourney mode, people cant talk in OBS unless they are admins (and sometimes when they are O_o). Well, if you have a player needing to be teamed in a match, you can imagine the chaos on RW during a match..its almost imposible to notice them, but now, they can type it in

Retired:
]?[[Chico]
Despot.enD
THZ*Chico
Chico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 11:56 AM   #7
Maz
Forum wh0re

It's nice to see all those improvements, but if only I had time to play Tribes at all
Old 06-24-2001, 04:05 PM   #8
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Talking

It's all a matter of MAKING time for Tribes... that's what I had to do.. I told my family, no one takes the comp on Wednesday and Sunday nights, I have a game practice online... since my parents consider this to be equal to one of my sister's extra-curricular sports (like soccer, basketball, volleyball... she's the jock of our family, and I'm the artsy-fartsy one)... Maybe you just need to say to everyone "THIS IS MY TRIBES TIME, LEAVE ME ALONE!"... Of course, it's flexible too (like if I'm with relatives, or we're out for dinner, or something), but I generally draw the line with everything else.

Old 06-24-2001, 04:41 PM   #9
Maz
Forum wh0re

The computer mine, it's always there for me, nobody ever touches it except for Ty and my GF, I just don't have time at all, I'm barelly home anymore, damn work, why can't I find an decent job with decent hours