The Hounds of Zeus  

Go Back   The Hounds of Zeus > Specialty Forums > Stang's Bitch Pit
Xbox Leaderboard FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang
Default Manners are gone

How much EVERY time me and Gryphon go to a movie we ALWAYS get in the bunch where someone or a group have to talk during a movie and make STUPID ass comments. But Friday nights appearance was the worst.

We went to a late show of Final Fantasy, we go to the late ones so we can sit where we want and hardly nobody is around. We should have known it was going to be bad when the people couldnt even decide what movie they wanted to see, OMG HOW THE HELL DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SEE BEFORE GOING, SHEESH!!! We get our goodies and go sit down. The next thing we know those same people come into the theatre, and we thought we were going to get lucky and have the whole theatre to ourselves. And low and behold they have a load of kids with them, teenagers and ten yr. olds.

The movie starts and the manager comes in and ask to see their tickets. They cant find them so she pulls all of them out of the movie, we are thinkin YEAH ALL OURS. But about 2 mins later they are back. And they start talkin about what just happened to them. We tell them to SHUSH and things get a little quiet. OH I forgot to tell you how they all sat, now remember the theatre is TOTALLY empty except for us and them. The 2 adults sit a couple of seats behind us, one sitting on one side the other on another so when they talk they have to talk LOUD. The kids are scattered in the back with the 2 older ones sitting in the very back, you know the make out seats .

I dont know how many times during that movie we where tellin them to SHUSH, OK ALREADY, COME ON, lookin back and giving them dirty looks and not one of these got thru to them. I think we got a total of 10 mins. quiet time thru that whole movie. When it came to a slow part in the movie I finally had it and went out to the lobby and told a worker. He gave them a warning and said if they are still noisy to come and get him and he will kick them out. I mean you could hear them talk thru the loud parts of the movie. Then they say stupid comments like "Look hes floating" I cant tell you how close I came to turnin around and sayin "Well duh moron they are in space and its called NO GRAVITY" or at the beginning of the movie they said "Oh look something happened to earth" OMG.

I dont spend my money to come to a movie to hear you talk, I come to see a movie that is new, relax, and have a good time with whoever I go with. If you really have that much to say that you are talkin thru a whole movie maybe you shouldnt come or wait til the movie is out on video and then you can talk all you want. Or here is a great idea, STAY HOME AN RENT A MOVIE!!! That and if your kids are talkin thru a movie Id be back there tellin them to shut up, no control over the kids that night by the parents.

Manners have gone down hill. Nobody has any respect for anything or anyone. Its sicking and its really pissin me off. Dont you feel bad or stupid when you do something so disrespectful? Think of others before yourself!!! DAMN WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SOO RUDE AND STUPID!!!

WHERE HAVE MANNERS GONE!!!
Old 07-28-2001, 03:40 PM   #2
Mobius
Forum Regular

Manners went out the window when personal accountability got flushed down the toilet by our criminal system.

Example:
Criminal: It's not my fault I punched that guy then stomped on his head till he was dead. My parents abused me. My neibhor hit me once. I was insane when I did it.
Shrink: As you can see this person was insane at the time therefore can't be held accountable for his actions. I recomend some free state paid therapy to help this poor person out.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 03:55 PM   #3
XRogue
Forum wh0re

You guys took the words right outta my mouth. The worst thing is when you get to listen to parents about how their kids are so misunderstood, and about how they have to go talk to the school or the teacher about how their kid is gettin' treated over there, when you just wanna scream, "HELLO!! This is happening because your kid is a brat and the only discipline he ever gets is at the school." The parents have no responsibility and the kid grows up believing that he/she can act any way they want and get away with it cause that's how it was at home.

Of course, plenty of adults out there are total boors also, especially judging from those two at the movie theater. Manners went right after chivalry, man. They are both dead or moribund.
XRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 06:38 PM   #4
Mythril Gear

*MG's big sigh of despair*
Looks like you got some pretty stupid ppl in that theater. The smart ones at least shut up whenever an employee comes around! I know this exact phenomenon, I work at a movie theater. You see, we (Movie theater employees) are quick to deal with out of line guests beacuse it leaved a bad impression on the theater itself. If only one person talks, 400 other people could get angry at US for not shutting him up. We'd rather have one angry teenager than 400 people who say "gee, let's go to AMC next time!".
In reality, it's not manners that have gone down the drain, it is absolutes. (i.e. whatr is right and wrong) Clearly to you, this is wrong, but it isn't to them. That's where the problem begins. This also leads into many other issues such as Human Rights, Nuclear Testing, Cloning, The Death Penalty, Abortion, and all those other tricky issues. Take, for example, my opinion on animal rights. I could kill every last bunny, whale, pidgeon, goose, ant, and every other thing under the sun and not give a damn. Because I believe that we are given dominion over the earth, to do whatever we want with it, including destroy it. Not everyone shares my opinion though... some are campaigning against smearing a little lipstick on a monkey, while they go and get three abortions in a row. Yes, to them, killing human fetuses is O.K. (I belive it is murder, and should be treated as such) People today have a twisted sense of right and wrong, it stems from the distortion of religion and the shunning of God from society. A theocracy is what puts the world in order, not some ppls running around, who decide that it's ok to scorch tens of thousands of people off the planet because it will make them famous.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:01 AM   #5
Stang
Team Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Stang Send a message via AIM to Stang

Uh yes it has to do with Manners, if they had ANY Manners they would be polite and not talked at all during the movie. It all comes down to how you where brought up like Rogue said.

What does killing animals, human rights and that stuff have to do with manners? Stay on topic.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:16 AM   #6
Steele
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steele Send a message via AIM to Steele Send a message via Yahoo to Steele

MG What the Hell are you talkin about?

I say TO HELL with manners...

you know what I mean.

I pee all of this place...

/me pees on MG.
/me Humps Mustang's leg
/me poops on the floor.

How's that for manners
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 04:26 AM   #7
Tyguil
Forum Regular

talking about maner's ... man finalfantasy was good
after a while i forgot that it was animation .
so you know i'm not a movie freak and then i went to the store to buy a pop when i knoticed that my pop was runing away from the cops and it juped a fence and it was chasing the kid down the streen where i lived before i moved to the side where i wouldn't get shot . then i jumped out like in matrix .
welll that's what i have to say about maners?
Old 07-29-2001, 10:24 AM   #8
Mythril Gear

Um.... right.
What I was trying to say is that people today just have no respect for other people. They are misguided and lost in their own pleasures....and stuff. The real cause has a much deeper meaning. Absolutes and all that...stuff.....right?
(I think I'm losing it...)
Old 07-30-2001, 03:16 AM   #9
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Talking

Manners... I have manners, and I use them all the time.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 05:08 AM   #10
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Thank God for that! Evidently not many do any more. Have manners and use 'em, that is.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:43 PM   #11
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Mustang... find out if your state allows what's called 'open carry'. It tends to help in situations like that.

But I digress, and I agree with Mustang. Lack of manners is one of the prime reasons I do not watch prime-time TV any more. Not because the TV itself is bad, but because the shows ON the TV just blow my mind. Had my parents caught me doing and saying some of the things on sitcoms and prime-time TV, not only would I have gotten the spanking of my life, I would have been grounded for a year, maybe more. And my house wasn't even strict, comparatively. Mom and Pop just demanded one thing out of my bro and I--respect, for them and for everyone else.

I'd rant about movie theatres, but Mustang has done an admirable job there. Oh, hell, I can't resist. It'd be nice if there was a 'Jackass Alarm' at the theatre. Press the button, inform the management, and a big claw drops out of the ceiling and picks up the offending jackasses and tosses them out of the theatre.

Also, as mentioned by Mobius, lack of personal responsibility is in a large part to blame. I've always wondered how it got to be such a popular concept, considering how assinine it is. That, and the lack of corporal punishment in schools, I think.

Boy, I sound like an old man at twenty-three. So be it. Damn whippersnappers!
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 02:56 AM   #12
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Talking

Amen, brother... My parents have been saying I'm 40 since I was 13...

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 06:47 AM   #13
XRogue
Forum wh0re

Preach on, Bug!! Have to agree with you about prime time TV, its' been going to pot for years. My parents used to gripe about me watching Trek on TV until they saw some of the other drek being broadcast. Then they shut up. Guess they figured it could be MUCH worse than trasporters and Klingons.

Funny thing, Laur, my family has always accused me of being born 35 years old.

I hate dealing with people who were trained to have no sense of responsibility or decent behavior. Had I ever acted the way the above people were acting in a movie theater, the management wouldn't have needed the mechanical arm. I would have been removed by the 'rents and disciplined forthwith.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:47 AM   #14
THZDax
Forum Regular

Agreed,

I agree with everything here.
THZDax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 02:04 PM   #15
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM
Default hi

Mustang...

Gryph is a pretty big guy isn't he? Well, couldn't you guys make fun of the situation and started throwing food at them?

Maybe dumped your pop on their little POS heads?

Or you could have gotten up at the first instance, and yelled: "STFU!"

If that didn't work, you could have gone straight to the manager...and then just gone off on him/her when they let them back in.

I would have even demanded my money back. ESPECIALLY if things occured the way that you described. And when you DO ask for your money back on something, you have to make a BIG ASS scene out of it. Really hit them hard and fast.

Damn I wish I was there...

I doubt I would have cared, since that theater is probably way up north in Everett, where I never go, and don't want to visit.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote