View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
Variable
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Variable

Since I'm initiating the THZ presence in this game here's how it'll work:

You need to be level 10 to register a squad. If and when you sign up put only your callsign, no squad tag, as you can only register one name. When I found the squad and everyone joins the squad info will be displayed in the targetting screen.

Also, apparently Variable has either been claimed or you can't use names from old accounts. I have to think of a new handle.

Bastards.

As there are 3 races to choose from, we can either be a one race only squad or bridge all of them, but keep in mind you'll be seperated by vast distances in the beginning and faction status will prevent you from doing things like buying items from other faction stations, etc.

I played as Quantar before and enjoyed it. This time I am choosing Solrain. Their backstory defines them as merchants primarily. "Solrain's culture emphasizes cold, business-like efficiency." That's pretty much my personality in a nutshell. So if you choose Solrain, good to go, if not, we can find each other. Bear in mind something else from the site "A pilot can always choose to fight, trade, mine, or whatever s/he may desire regardless of faction alignment." Read the backstories too. They put a lot of work into them.

____
After edit:
I found a name for myself. In keeping with the greedy merchant persona, I have tracked down:

SUPAI (Inca) God of death. A god of insatiable greed. The Incas sacrificed over a hundred children a year to Supai and still he would not leave them alone.

Works for me.

The world will not end in a blinding flash of light or virulent pestilence. It will end with me choking the life out of it with my bare hands.

Last edited by Variable; 08-07-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Variable is offline   Reply With Quote