Thread: T2 Car Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2001, 02:02 PM   #2
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban
Default No Missiles!

5 heavies firing missiles would also make for very short combat.

I think it would be best to rule these out, or at least make sure every one is carrying flares!

As a fan of naval combat, I think that Havoc vs. Havoc combat without missiles would in part mirror old style naval combat back in the days of Sail. Basically you try to broadside your opponent.

The weapons I can see being used would most likely be: Chaingun, Blaster, ELF (when it gets close), Disclauncher, and possibly the laser rifle.

Doing this would allow for tactical maneuvering on the part of the pilot, and would rule out most flip crashes due to missile impact.

To be fair, since the weapons used do comparitively low damage versus the missile launcher, repair packs should not be allowed either. Most likely, its gonna be ammo and energy packs exclusively.

And you mentioned the players that "fall off" being dead. Not sure how you would fall of a Havoc unless you accidentally hit the Jump key. But if you run out of ammo and are required to "exit" the vehicle, perhaps this would allow for players from one Havoc (especially a Light with an Energy pack) to attempt a "boarding" action, where they attempt to lauch off of their Havoc and enter the opposing team's! Open up some interesting tactics to say the least.
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Kaleban is offline   Reply With Quote