Thread: T2 Car Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2001, 12:56 PM   #1
Ambush_Bug
Forum Regular

Default T2 Car Wars

It's that time again....

OK, folks, we've got a Theme Night coming up this Saturday evening.

Where: XMEN Trout Pond (our T2 server)
When: 8 PM CST (9 PM EST, 6 PM PST)
Why: For the Joy That Is Car Wars (tm)
Who: Anyone that wants to show up!
What: CAR WARS, that long-standing tradition of the DTM.

If you've never played CW when we did it during the days of T1, the concept was pretty simple. Each team would load up one (or two, if they had the people to do) APCS. They'd meet near the center of the map, away from interfering turrets. Then, they would try to shoot each other down.

The basic rules were these:

No shooting from the ground- CW was about vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

If you fell out of the APC, you were considered 'dead' when you hit the ground, and should CTRL K.

Ramming the enemy APC wasn't allowed (made for very short and one-sided match ups).

Now, as the vehicles and weapons in T2 have changed (ie: shields, missile launchers, and flares), the rules are going to have to change a little. I can't say I know what those rules will be, or even how well Havoc vs. Havoc combat will be. But, half the fun of CW was making stuff up as we went along.

However, I'm going to suggest that we still do not shoot from the ground (so no ground vehicles unless we can think up some new rules) or ram vehicles together. Anything else should be fair game.

Chances are, the password for the Pond will be 'xmen', lowercase.

Come one, come all, and invite your friends. EVERYONE is welcome to these. Just remember we're doing this to have fun, not to win.
Ambush_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote