View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #5
LoS-NutzholzWolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to LoS-NutzholzWolf Send a message via MSN to LoS-NutzholzWolf

On Startrek.com they said the show will not be shopped, aka it will not be sold to any other channel. Personally I think Enterprise is the best startrek since TNG and brought back a lot of what TOS stood for. I think the only reason its not doing well is because it reseambles too much of reality and what the majority seek to ignore, just like TOS. I have been waiting for them to release the DVD set and I hope if they see them fly off the selfs they will see that Enterprise is very muched watched and loved.

I think the way they measure veiwers has failled to keep up with modern times. Millions of people have TiVo or some other system like that, and can watch the show on their own time and multiple times as their heart contened. They also can't get accurate readings when it comes to young veiwers who are too young to particapate in such polls. I know many people who watch the shows off the internet, probably illeagely. I had heard reports saying that the episodes with Brent Spiner (TNG's Data) had the highest rating since launch but then I the recent reports say that those episodes had no real increace in viewing. I sometimes wonder if the companies that do the polls are actually givng real numbers or contorting TV to match what they want.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
LoS-NutzholzWolf is offline   Reply With Quote