View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven
Default car audio: need suggestions

Hey everyone, hoping for some help here.

Other than basic principles, I know essentially jack about car audio and who makes what. Right now i'm using the factory stereo and an FM transmitter for my iPod, but quality isn't 100%. I've done a little research into mp3 decks, but most of them either mean the cd readers support mp3/wma files, or that they will support a hookup to an mp3 player.

What I would ideally want is on-board integrated (but removable) storage. Ideally further is touchscreen navigation. I found one stereo whose lcd display was a touchscreen, but the product description wasn't revealing otherwise.

I'm tired of stealing glances at the ipod while i'm driving, or waiting for a stop to change music (seeing as how i drive the highway most of the time, that just doesnt happen)

Preferably also, something that isn't overly gaudy. I don't want to pimp my ride, just listen to my metal in peace.

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote