View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:52 PM   #12
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

Rav, all but one of our receivers played in the JV games as well. All of us just loved the game and wanted to play. Winning was always the goal, but we didn't have fun when we couldn't run the 70/71 quick passes, the 72/73 all ups, or the 74/75 double-tight pass / pitch plays. We'd almost always send out the recievers, but as soon as any of the linemen moved, the opposing team would know we were going to run, do an option, or put our QB into the flat for a pass option.

Don't get me wrong, we had some SWEET running plays (criss-cross, options, QB sneak, etc.) and opening up a hole for our halfbacks was always fun because at TE, you could really crush two or three guys as you blocking downfield. It was just that our coach NEVER tried to pass. He did it once or twice, and that was against a team that had a poor safety/outside LB.

The point was that prayer was pointless, and the only way that I made the best of the situation was to just play as often as I could and ignore the coach's philosophy on how to run plays.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote