Thread: hey guys...
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

hey man, we're all here for you.

all you can do is surround yourself with good friends at a time like this. i dont think anyone in these electric halls would mind hearing you out. i know how you feel, and i'm not commiserating; go to your friends, find those people with whom you've spent time and felt happy. I would share my experience with you, but it wouldn't be diplomatic (well, if diplomacy causes war).

all i could do was find people who made me happy, friends were all i had, and few of them. i had my best friend, and some people at work whom i'd gotten close to, a couple of friends at school to boot. find those people who make you happy when you're spending time with them... it can work out very well! i just proposed to a woman who stuck with me through my hard times, ring n all. sometimes, things can work out.

i won't tell you the things i did in the midst of my pain. just dont do what i did, okay? if you need to chat, mail me up, i'm here to listen.

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote