View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 04:58 AM   #14
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia

.... If that agent's name is real, I will laugh forever~

The problem that the US forces in Iraq faces is not only the vaccuum of power left by their departure, but the overwhelming belief in the rest of the world that Iraq is the US' problem to face alone. I can't say that I don't share some of that sentiment, but in reality, we're all world players (or try to be). I don't see how one nation can bear the future of a nation like Iraq, despite the fact that it was their actions that set into motion change. Be it as it may, the US is one of the few world super-powers spending money and lives on trying for an ideal (as misguided or maligned as it may be). I honestly don't think trying to create a democratic future for the Middle-East is a bad thing, I just disagree with the methodology. Think of all the Crusades... do you think Islam is just going to give up their ways and accept western doctrine and systems of rule? What Iraq needs most right now is support from the muslim world so the pressure can come off the "western devils" a little bit. As a Canadian who staunchly opposed both the Afghani and Iraqi invasions, ultimately I have to give my support for the people that put their lives on the line out there to further the effort of peace, even if I disagree with the motives of the administrations who sent the troops in.

Censorship in any form is bad. I don't think there is a single thing that should be omitted from history, or public eye in some form or another. Sure, "phase in" more graphic forms of media over age as the human mind grows and matures to a point where it can accept it as fiction, but don't deny it outright. There is a place to understand everything, and certainly a right to view everything... Take, for example, if we weren't allowed to view anything about the Third Reich starting tomorrow. We (who already studied history, have parents/grandparents who were in the war) wouldn't forget or lose the understanding of the depths of mob-mentality and human depravity that was taught by WWII Germany, but future generations would lose that. All it would take after that is a similarly-minded individual with incredible influence and public support to announce that jews are the reason for the world's strife (and national decline) and start another one.

In conclusion (sorry for the multitudinous thoughts here..), vote Cthulhu for 2008. Why choose between lesser evils?

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote