View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #16
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Forum wh0re

Send a message via ICQ to XMEN Ashaman DTM

You're feeling like taking her back for a couple of reasons: familiarity and for some reason, you thought you were in love.

From what you've said, she's a flake/liar and isn't even worth glancing at as you keep walking on your path.

I've never been in that particular kind of situation. But YOU are not strong enough to dictate events on your terms if you take her back. You think you loved her, and maybe you did. But you also have to realize that you are still young and yes, hormones play a role at your age. If you can't 100% unconditionally trust her, then why waste time thinking about her.

I have a friend from grad school who had a wife that went to school in Florida (we were at the UW in Seattle). He went out to meet her for Christmas, and found her cheating on him. They were married. That was hard on him, and I'm glad he could come and talk to me and a couple of other people about it. But he was perfectly correct by NOT trying to work things out. Once that trust is gone, it's gone. He ended up graduating, and working in Arizona; he got married and has a son who is almost a year old (I think).

Long story short: you can do better. And if you keep meeting people, you'll run into someone that's worth your effort.
XMEN Ashaman DTM is offline   Reply With Quote