View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #18
Kaleban
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kaleban

Just wanted to say, Asha, I completely agree with what you said in your last post. That's me to a T as well. The only problem with your father's perception is that he doesn't include the option of WHICH God(s) you give your belief to. Because believing in a God that doesn't exist is just as bad or worse as not believing in the true God, whoever that may be!

And Rav, where is the logic in the battle between God and Satan, except as a story to teach morality to children? If God created everything, including heaven, angels, etc., etc., and then an angel (whom supposedly do not have free will) fell from grace and made Hell, which is supposedly outside God's domain, then where does the struggle fit in? God made EVERYTHING, including Satan, so would it not be exceedingly simple for God to simply unmake one of his creations that went bad?

Unless God sees some value in Satan's influence upon the mortal realm? This is of course assuming God cares or is "hands on" as you say.

IMHO, the idea of God and Satan, Heaven and Hell, and every other Good/Evil polarization, or ideas like Yin/Yang, simply reflect the varying degrees of action capable within each and every human. I firmly believe in spirituality, but not a conscious higher being who listens to our prayers. For my own good, I must rely only upon myself and those around me in the mortal realm for existence, help and friendship.

And I think if there IS a God, that s/he would approve of that attitude, especially if it was used to do good or to help others. Basically, I'm a believer of Karma, and that is what guides my actions. Plus the fact that I'm a good natured and helpful person at heart. Although I have my "off" days just like anyone else!
Throughout Its Ranks"
-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Kaleban is offline   Reply With Quote