View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #22
Raiyven
Big Bad Thread Boogeyman

Send a message via ICQ to Raiyven Send a message via MSN to Raiyven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I won't lock the thread unless you really feel that you guys are going to chase each other off the board.

Just keep in mind that political discussion, like religion, is a very volatile subject and people are hardly likely to concede to the another persons views.

So just watch any personal insults and remember we are friends here no matter our political views.
lol I was hoping you wouldn't lock it anyway, I was joking

I am willing to concede only on someone's view in the face of overwhelming evidence, or maybe on something fun, like the relative tastiness of various treats or mixed beverages. Personally, my fiancee's uncle's creations vs anything else is a good topic for discussion.

Besides, if there are gonna be personal insults exchanged, SiFi will tell me next time he sees me. (thursday?)

"For in that we are both especially daring and especially thorough in calculating what we attempt, we can truly be distinguished from other men, for whom ignorance is boldness but calculation brings hesitancy. Rightly would they be judged strongest in spirit who recognize both dangers and pleasures with utmost clarity and are on neither count deterred from risks."

- Thucydides, The Peloponnesian War: 2.40, "The Funeral Oration of Perikles" (431 BCE)

Raiyven is offline   Reply With Quote