View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 04:59 AM   #2
insaneferret
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to insaneferret

i think internet explorer with the google toolbar is best, a simple app that does what it does well, with no hiccups

the only other real choice is mozilla, the alternative browser, it boasts tabbed browsing, pop up blocking, e-mail client, downloading utility and a slew of other features.

netscape navigator is just a rebranded version of mozilla, so sorta redundant getting that

however, the internet is designed to be viewed through internet explorer, and there are loads of incompatibilities everywhere, things will look funny or out of alignment, and you will need to download plugins for dozens of the things that IE does smoothly, but some people swear by mozilla, i thought mozilla was bloated with unnecesary features

there is another browser called opera, i've never tried it, but i havent heard good things, lots of incompatibilities

if you dont know what youre looking for, and really dont seem to have any problem with internet explorer, then why change? i'd say download mozilla or other browsers, give it a try, you may like it, but internet explorer works fine