View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Aluscia
Emo Queen
1000th Thread Main Forum

Send a message via MSN to Aluscia
Default Sony Online Entertainment

This name is probably familiar to all of you. But I'm left with a feeling of.... betrayal.

I'm currently playing Everquest II. It's a very enjoyable game, with a lot of great people, etc etc etc. My rant is not about gameplay or any aspects of the game really... Other than its atrocious administration.

Recently, a new server was opened up. Announcements were sent on global chat to all existing servers inviting players to come and start fresh on this new server, and have a chance to discover things for the first time. (there is an actual "server discovery" stat on the player stats page). I resisted at first, but then decided it would be fun to start anew with other players, rising to the top with people who were serious about the game.... Until today, when they dumped hundreds of players in their 30-50 lvls (where the highest lvled people on the server prior to that were 25), but also all the tradeskillers and such. So not only is all the chance of discovery *gone*, but the economy will be ****** as the rich from these other servers will stay rich, and the people who gave it all up to reroll will stay relatively poor. I feel as if my time has been wasted. I feel duped.

Now my options are fewer because I chose to play a game I enjoy, but has the "powers that be" throwing monkey wrenches at the player base all the time without abandon. I can't jump on the WoW bandwagon, which is looking like less and less of a bandwagon as time rolls on, because Blizzard has pulled the game off all the shelves due to server overpopulation. There aren't any impressive MMOs coming out anytime soon, other than Guild Wars (which is NCSoft... I am leery of it). EQ2 is fun, but I don't like feeling like I've wasted time, which is certainly what has happened.

I suppose my option is to wait for some nice single player or free-multi player games, but I don't really have the money to shell out for a new game every few weeks.

Why have you made me come to this decision, SOE? Why do I feel like a pioneer, who toils to build up his farm from nothing, only to see his neighbour move in with 2 Diesel powered tractors, a 3-storey farm house, and completely tilled-plowed-engineered land? Why do I feel used?

**** video games. I don't know what to do now.

Favourite Song of the moment - Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote