View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #5
Ravok99
Forum Regular

Great Sun Tzu quote. Free will is a great argument. In fact, I will tell you that it is my own platform. Life gives me choices, and I either react or respond to what I am given. A reaction is generally without merit - it is a quick reflex decision - a response is generally thought out and with carefully planned intent.

Martial arts is basically training a response into the speed of a reaction.

This stuff is done by freedom of choice.

Relationships are based by choices. You choose to do something, and others are effected by that choice. That is sphere of influence and inter-relationships in a nutshell.

Being called a god fan boy that ticks someone off was a choice of words by someone that effected the relationship between us. I may be many things, but I could rarely be called a fanatic.

fa·nat·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

squab·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skwbl)
intr.v. squab·bled, squab·bling, squab·bles
To engage in a disagreeable argument, usually over a trivial matter; wrangle.

So, according to that guy, I am engaging in a disagreement over something trivial with unreasoning enthusiasm. He can have his opinion, that is his free will. My opinion is that when it comes to the prime motivator in someone's life; that is neither trivial, nor without reason. In fact, its the essence of what makes a human being, human.

Therefore, he probably didn't know what he was talking about.