The Hounds of Zeus

The Hounds of Zeus (https://thzclan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Completed/Inactive Applications (https://thzclan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Consider this an application. (https://thzclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768)

samu 11-07-2002 12:40 PM

Consider this an application.

Good day to all readers!

I'd very much like to join and get involved in an active tribe/clan to enhance my Tribes 2 experience. I'll give you all a short version of my story.

I bought a copy of Tribes 2 a couple of months ago, and I got stuck like a fly on a nice and sticky piece of fly paper. So, after fooling around for a time, trying to get used to the way things worked, I started looking for a tribe to join. My aim was to make some friends and maybe start doing some of the many nice things that Tribes team play should involve.

This turned out to be rather harder than I'd expected, though. I entered the Swedish clan Team Sweden, (TS), which hasn't yielded anything at all as of yet.

So, now I've turned to THZ for help. If you 'll have me, I intend to do my best for the team, working for high a team spirit and coordinated actions leading to greater glory on the fields of battle.

That's about it, really. I'm not exactly in the top league of Tribes players, but I think I'm getting along rather nicely, if I may say so myself.

I've bored you enough, by now, I reckon, so I'll leave it here. :)

/Walks on Clouds
Sweden (CET, GMT +01:00)

Stang 11-07-2002 03:28 PM

:gwave:

Welcome!

How did you hear about THZ?

Ok here are some important pointers in getting us and you to know eachother. If you cant do these simple things then this isnt the clan for you. We dont ask much and we hate when applicants apply and dont follow thru, so you disappear and then come back then we wont take you seriously.

1. Post, jump into the forum and talk away.
2. IRC-Someone is always in there and this helps us get to know you .

We are a relaxed bunch here and are out to have fun, either it be on the forums, irc, or battlefield.

Hope to hear from ya more :).

Spinning Hat 11-07-2002 04:35 PM

:s0001: :rockband: :s0001:

I love those smileys! Hi. Welcome to The Hounds of Zeus appz process. It's fun, we're fun, it's all about friendship and fun. Simple enough? Yeah, I think that covers it. ;)

We are currently competeing in the BEML 10-man CTF League, and are somewhere in the upper half, (Don't remember right now) and you can check out the BEML at: http://www.thebeml.com Register as a player there, and if you're accepted, we'll pass along the Team join info so you can compete with us.

We Practice on Sundays and Mondays at 8:30 CST and our matches are various days of the week.Catch one of us online, and post in the forums, and we will answer any and all questions you've got. :D

samu 11-07-2002 09:26 PM

In reply to Stang:

I actually DIDN'T hear about THZ. I was just surfing around with the built-in Tribes search utility, until I found something that seemed interesting. THZ simply sounded like just the thing I was looking for.

As for taking things seriously, I've got quite a workload with school and all my other free-time activities, but I'll do what I can. Don't count on me to be online all weekends, for example. I also have a girlfriend, and I guess you all know how time-consuming that can be... ;)

When it comes to IRC, We do have quite a time zone difference to cope with, since Sweden is on GMT +1. (That 'd be EST +6hrs) But we'll have to manage somehow, won't we?

In reply to Spinning Hat:

Yep. It's simple enough, alright, and besides, it's exactly why THZ seems so interesting to me.

I don't think I'm up for competing just yet, though I appreciate the gesture. ;)

Be well!

samu 11-08-2002 12:42 AM

So, what's next. What do I do?:confused:

samu 11-08-2002 01:51 AM

Erh... Should I perhaps have created an account with the same name as my ingame nick? Just wondering... ... ...

Cerberus 11-08-2002 09:23 AM

Practice is always a good way to meet and greet THZ*

Ghryphen 11-08-2002 09:37 AM

Having the same forum name as you use in-game helps, but is not necessary.

Can someone please send Walks on Clouds and invite to aTHZ* in-game?

Welcome WoC, Sweden wow!

We have a member who is on Iceland, Xenocidez, at least there should be one THZ who you should be able to find on line :D

Just play and participate in the forums and get to know everyone. We will then vote on you acceptance into full THZ, which we will try and move along quickly, but be warned we really like to know the applicants well before making them full THZ. We have many applicants who disappear before completing the app process, the app process helps us weed out those who are not serious about the team. Your quick replies are encouraging :D

Hope to see you around

Stang 11-08-2002 04:03 PM

Yes you are actually replying and that is nice to see, lately none of the apps are following thru, Thank you.

:s0005: Hey us girls dont take THAT much room and energy :P. Better watch what you say I have alot of influence here being the only girl :devil: MAAUUHHHHHAAA!!!. Family and Real Life comes first for all of us here so we dont expect you to be around ALL the time just enough to get to know you and keep in touch. We dont want you to join then drop out of sight.

Keep it up :D.

Walks on Clouds 11-10-2002 07:41 AM

To Cerberus:

Yes, practice sounds great! Where and when?

To Gryphon:

Ok. I've adressed that issue now. Created an account under the name Walks on Clouds. You can delete the old one, if you can and wish, I won't be using it.

Yes please, send me an invite in-game. I haven't received one as of yet, and I don't fancy the idea of tagging myself with an alias. Fuirthermore, I suppose you don't either...

Yep, Sweden it is, alright. Furhter widening your geographic span, am I? Well, I'll just have to keep an eye out for Xenocidez, I guess... Is he Xenocides66 in-game?

I'll try to take as active a part as I can in the forums, and play when time allows it. I'm rather often on-line in the dead of the night, your time, somewhere around 1AM-4AM CST. Sometimes I'll also manage somewhere in the vicinity of 3PM CST +/- 2hrs. That's it, mostly.

You'll be seing me around, alright, I can assure you that. :)

To Stang:

What? Are people just bothering you and then never showing up again? Lame, I say. Of course I'm replying, why else would I bother in the first place? No need to thank me. :)

No, you girls really don't take THAT much room and energy. Besides, I can't really say I don't like it, either... :hug: When it comes to being around, I have no plans of dropping out on you, for the time being ;). It does really seem to me like you have a sound view on things...

Heed no doubts. I will prevail. :s0005: :baby:<- Me

Ghryphen 11-10-2002 09:13 AM

I sent you an in-game invite yesterday or the day before. Try sending yourself a t-mail, sometimes this will unclog your mail system.

Ya, Xenocides66 in-game. It's a bit of a chore, but you can go to the THZ browser page and go down the list of players and add each one to your buddy list it will help find buddies in-game.

Cerberus 11-10-2002 09:23 AM

Hrm, we practice sunday and mondays nights, 6PM PST, which should be like 2 or 3am your time :/

Walks on Clouds 11-10-2002 02:23 PM

That did do the trick, yes. Thank you. Found your invitation there. But you already know that, since we met just now...

I've already added all THZ members to my buddy list. Did it on Friday, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I don't believe I'll show up at very many practice sessions then. And yes, you are quite correct: it's 3am... A little teenie weenie bit too late/early for me, I think. But heck, I was lucky tonight, so I might be again. Who knows?

Ghryphen 11-10-2002 02:45 PM

Yeah it was a lot of fun, hope to see you more :D

Stang 11-11-2002 03:19 PM

Yeah the games we played last night were fun, hope to do it more. Whenever we get the chance to met up again since the big gap in time but hey whenever it will be fun.