The Hounds of Zeus

The Hounds of Zeus (https://thzclan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stang's Bitch Pit (https://thzclan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Omfg!!! (https://thzclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3149)

sh@rp 06-23-2005 09:26 PM

Omfg!!!

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
:s0004:

I'm sick of this stupid ad/spyware ****.

Since ive been using IE :ugh cause of my firefox broke down and won't work... I've been fine. Just today I was actually thinking hmm I haven't been the victim of mad spam lately...

WRONG, i'm on a CS site getting new models and I accidently click this moving pop-up when going for "x".
Stupid ass thing freezes my computer for about 2 min and then when it unfreezes Im spammed with noises (blinging type things), pop-ups,-installation requests, Zonealarm and NortonFirewalls asking what to do!!
I was so pissed, just spent nearly 2 fuckin hours running spybot, ad-aware and avg anti-virius getting **** off ... after deleteing the 10 shortcuts on my desktop and canceling out about 50 processes that were never runnin in my task manager before-hand i'm very pissed....

AND!!! to top it off... I was typing this message and my IE outa no where just shuts off... no error message or nothing... This is the condensed version lol, other message was about triple or so the size of this...
ARGHHH why the **** do people waste their time putting all of those ads and **** together.... it really pisses me off... :s0007:

Man if I ever meet one of these people ight prolly knock the **** outa them...
:rocket: :mg: :rocket2: :ray: :camper:

:s0004:

Ghryphen 06-23-2005 09:52 PM

My IE works :D

sh@rp 06-24-2005 12:01 AM

So does mine.. My firefox doesn't :P

Stang 06-24-2005 03:23 PM

They do it to piss you off just like that :).

sh@rp 06-24-2005 06:33 PM

I swear they do...

Stang 06-25-2005 01:39 PM

Its A Conspiracy!

sh@rp 06-25-2005 07:06 PM

:p

Raiyven 06-26-2005 06:36 PM

sorry sh@rpie, but i'm the infamous and ubiquitous 'they'.
i pester and annoy because i love! can't you see how all this misunderstanding is just because of love? now click my popups and make me rich, dammit

sh@rp 06-27-2005 09:26 AM

:censored:

sh@rp 06-27-2005 02:05 PM

Wow, got hit with the same crap today on completley differant site... And I actually trusted the site I was on...

Accept when I was spammed today.. I got hit about 3 times worse :s0004:

I've managed to get rid of everything that all my anti w/e programs found accept for a file called "Trojan.domcom"

When I'm using Norton it says quarantine checked items (ok good, I do that)
then it says delete quarantined items, so I attempt that and it says successful.. Then I notice it at the summary saying "At risk '1' file". I'll go and check it and it is that same virius "Trojan.domcom".

It's really starting to annoy me, doe's anyone have any idea how I can get rid of it ?

SiFi 06-27-2005 05:24 PM

Back up your important stuff and reformat. It's a bit like burning down a forest to get rid of the bugs that are infesting it, but the advantage on a computer is that you can recreate an exact copy of the forest, minus the bugs :)

sh@rp 06-27-2005 06:02 PM

That actually sounds like a good idea... thx

Raiyven 06-28-2005 07:39 PM

i second SiFi's suggestion; doing a reformat once a year is usually a good rule of thumb, just to keep your computer a happy guy (or gal, depending).

thats a good analogy, SiFi, but i like to call 'em the cure-all electronic enema ;)

SiFi 06-29-2005 02:44 AM

Or, best of all, the biggest-bang-yet theory :)

insaneferret 06-29-2005 08:45 PM

once a year, psh, i reformat my pc the second it starts showing an inkling of bullshitery, the trick is to partition your HD, keep all your documents, music, pics on one drive and reformat the other to kingdom come