The Hounds of Zeus

The Hounds of Zeus (https://thzclan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://thzclan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   lol Not Guilty (https://thzclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3139)

Ghryphen 06-13-2005 01:19 PM

lol Not Guilty

Sounds like Jackson was found not guilty on all counts.

Aluscia 06-13-2005 01:52 PM

Really? I'm isolated from the news... I guess I'll read it in the paper tomo. That woman (the boy's mom) was a wacko nut job, so I'm not surprized.

Stang 06-13-2005 03:28 PM

Ya like we didn't see that coming :rollseyes:

When has a celebrity in Cali ever gotten convicted? Guess if you got the monies you can go far :).

XMEN Ashaman DTM 06-14-2005 12:48 AM

Well... they didn't exactly have a star witness to give good testimony. And the rest of the evidence just pointed to the fact that jacko is... well... wacko. Which is something we already knew in the first place.

I just hope that he didn't molest anyone, becuase if he did, the prosecution REALLY screwed up their case in being eager to get Jackson.

Ghryphen 06-14-2005 08:13 AM

I liked how they said they 'felt the mother had ulterior motives'....I thought ok and Jackson couldn't have ulterior motives for having children sleep in his bed?

Raiyven 06-14-2005 01:52 PM

100th post! giggidy giggidy goo

of course the mother had ulterior motives, she was probably hoping for a cash settlement to pay for her legal counsel which she paid for in the hopes of getting a cash settlement... probably to buy a pony or something.

up here (dont know if you folks down below the 49th would know) i'm waiting for someone to off Karla Homolka. National Post said yesterday, something about 'increasing security' around her in face of internet threats (in chatrooms). my question is, um, WHY? she got out early after taking part in a murder/rape of two girls (from our hometown here, and i knew the one's mum way back in the day. Mrs Mahaffey, Alus) after a successful plea bargain (that her lawyer says haunts him, as it should) and now we taxpayers are paying to protect a dangerous woman. hm.

Stang 06-14-2005 03:26 PM

I believe he has molested some kid/kids but not this one it sounds more like the mom wanting money than anything.

Aluscia 06-14-2005 06:34 PM

I completely disagree, Raiyven. I *cannot* allow myself to believe she deserves to die, because doing so undermines my belief in the justice system. The idea of releasing someone is because they are rehabilitated... Check what the psycho-analiysts said about her. *Regardless* of the plea bargain, I do not believe in my heart that she *on her own* is a threat, and in fact, would have even been involved in those sorts of crimes in the first place. I think the idea of allowing vigilantes to off whoever they think the justice system hasn't judged fairly is tantamount to saying there should be no justice system at all. Why hire people who study law and humanism to make those decisions for us when we're perfectly capable of seeing who's right and who's wrong.