The Hounds of Zeus

The Hounds of Zeus (https://thzclan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://thzclan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help! Help! Gryphon I Need You!!! (https://thzclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2297)

KitZune 02-05-2004 05:29 AM

Help! Help! Gryphon I Need You!!!

Gryphon, I am in dire need of FTP access from my school... I canna afford an external harddrive or USB key and floppy disks just don't cut it. Problem: We do NOT have permissions to be able to install programs on any of these computers and they won't install an FTP program for me : ( Problem: I've used Internet explorer's FTP capabilities *shudder* and althoguh I can create and delete folders (for some reason) it will not let me paste files into the folders... if you know what can help I will love you forever... kind like all the other times I said I'd love you forever for helping me out, only this time it'll be like a whole 10 minutes of forever, not just 2 minutes and 36 seconds.

Help Obi-wan Kegryphon, you're my only hope. **bends over and sticks a floppy disk into R2-D2's forehead.**
:vader:

Ghryphen 02-05-2004 10:34 AM

Haven't found a solution yet, that IE ftp stuff is buggy. There is a files upload section in the admin panel but I can't figure out how to make your ftp work with it.

Is this a temporary thing? Or do you need full file manipulation capabilities? If you just need to be able to upload a file and mess with it later, I may be able to work something up.

Stang 02-05-2004 10:35 AM

:lol

Hey now hes my man! Oh what the hell Ill share with you Kitzy :D.

KitZune 02-05-2004 05:44 PM

hehehe he'll be MINE stang!

It's basically just that I've decided to use my FTP privaleges instead of buying an external hard drive or USB key to bring my homework home from school... so really I need to be able to upload over the computers of which I cannot install programs on and then download it later.

Ghryphen 02-05-2004 06:06 PM

I'll see what I can whip up

XMEN Ashaman DTM 02-05-2004 06:26 PM

Can you open a dos window or a unix window while at school?

If you have a webspace available with your email account at school, you could put the files in that public directory. Then you just have to download them when you get home from school.

I wouldn't screw with IE's stuff either.

KitZune 02-06-2004 05:56 AM

I figured it out, I got what I needed. THANKS FOR THE HELP! : D it was my stupidity... I tried to cut and paste a document that I had open at the time... DUUUUUH.

Aluscia 02-06-2004 08:02 AM

OMG.... Kitz, you're funny. **Laur looks at her iPod, looks at Kitz's situation, and laughs until she runs out of breath**

Ehrm, I mean I lub joo. Of course... never had any doubts.

KitZune 02-06-2004 08:17 AM

I tried my best to get my parents to let me get an IPOD on an honour system that I'd pay them back someday but my mom was still "wishy washy" about the idea... I really could use one : (

Oh well.