The Hounds of Zeus

The Hounds of Zeus (https://thzclan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stang's Bitch Pit (https://thzclan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   DVDs (https://thzclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3075)

Stang 01-24-2005 03:21 PM

DVDs

Ok whats with the new little lock tabs they put on the sides now? I wanna meet this person and kick his ass! Ya cuz after getting the plastic cover off then taking off all 3 sticky labels on each end of the dvd and then the last thing we want is THE FREAKIN SMALL CLIPS ON THE SIDE THAT ARE PERMANENTLY ON THERE FOR GOOD! Whats next a lock and key?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :mad:

SiFi 01-24-2005 06:12 PM

This is what scissors, or some other edged implement is for :) Though personally I keep all my dvd's in a binder-type case. Takes up less room :)

sh@rp 01-24-2005 06:20 PM

:lol haha stang has problems opening dvds ! :)

Stang 01-25-2005 04:28 PM

I don't have problems just take forever to do it. Im complaining about the new stupid tabs on the side :p.

Steele 01-25-2005 08:57 PM

Stang I hate those too...Wanna hug? /me humps Stang's leg

sh@rp 01-26-2005 10:53 AM

I know what you were talking about Stang :-P Same i hate the lil sticky plastice they put on dvd's and video games. Thank god computer games arent the same way. But hey, eventually it will end up just as gay !

XRogue 01-31-2005 01:38 PM

*Delurks* Stang, try going around the edge of the dvd with a seam ripper. Get the point of it in that little groove where the case joins together and it'll slice the plastic right off, plastic sticky-tabs and all.

Stang 01-31-2005 03:12 PM

:lol

You guys must of not seen the new DVD's that Im talkin about this has nothing to do with the plastic around the dvds. What Im talking about are the new tabs they are putting on the dvd cover themselves. They are attatched to the dvd case you can't remove them. You know where you open the dvd on the side they are adding new little tabs that you have to unlock to open the dvd up.

XRogue 01-31-2005 04:35 PM

Ah, those things. Sorry about that. :lol

Gambit 01-31-2005 04:44 PM

This isn't directly related to DVDs, but you know those plastic bubble-packs that toys and electronics tend to come in? The stuff you have to cut though carefully, and then rip apart, and half the time you end up cutting yourself? Well, a lot of people complained about those, and people have had to get stitches because of slicing their hands on the dumb things, and manufacturers are starting to change the packaging.

Dunno if complaining about these DVD things will do any good, but we might as well. Complain to the stores, a lot. They'll complain to the manufacturers. Complain to the manufacturers directly. Complain to the BBB. Complain to the FTC. Any one of these isn't going to do much, but when you do all of them it adds up quick; the manufacturers are getting pelted from all sides.

Ghryphen 02-01-2005 08:02 AM

I healing a small wound on my finger right now from the packaging the shower control valve came in. I hate that damn packaging, it is sealed right up to the edge of the stuff they enclose so you can't hardly cut into them, so you get a tiny starter hole then try and rip the rest open with all your might only to have parts go flying once the packaging comes loose.

Stang 02-01-2005 03:59 PM

Oh I hate those packages too!

XMEN Ashaman DTM 02-02-2005 07:43 PM

I grabbed a 36-can box of pepsi at Costco one time. I grabbed it by the handle that you make in the top or side of the box.

And guess what? I sliced my index finger on my right hand almost down to the bone. It bled a lot, but I could see that it didn't do much damage to the muscle or any critical things like tendons. It just pissed me off, and I got blood ALL over (shelf, floor, cart, box, and the plastic wrapping on other boxes).

Ghryphen 02-03-2005 10:21 AM

ew

Gambit 02-03-2005 03:15 PM

Coulda sued Costco. :)